INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Make a Wish  (Read 16994 times)

JayGrady

• Recent member
Re: Make a Wish
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2023, 08:56:36 am »

Ability to right-click and select "Duplicate" tree views, playlists, etc. just like one can do in Mac's Finder.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2023, 09:15:53 am »

Few months ago there was talk of a different method of doing major version upgrades, where MC files/folders no longer carry the version number. Instead there would just be a generic MC folder without a number, same with executables. For example:
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 31\
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 31\Media Center 31.exe
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 32\
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 32\Media Center 32.exe

Instead would become
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Media Center.exe

Is that happening this time around? Next time around?
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Windows Defender Exclusions •ṈØ 3rd party AV •4 OTA & 6 Cable SiliconDust Tuners •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700HѫFluance 7.2.2[FH] •SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2023, 09:29:31 am »

Probably not. 

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2023, 10:48:39 am »

Resurrect the PlayingNow plugin for MC 64 bit versions.

Revisit VolumeLeveling.  I still find myself adjusting the volume way too much between albums.  Some albums are just OMG way too loud compared to other albums.

margolbe

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2023, 11:56:03 am »

Easier  handling of box set cover art.  Ability to display front and back cover art.

daladna

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2023, 01:05:17 pm »

hi, same wanted, that madvr do:) when use dynamic aspect ratio, automatically remove black bars for see biggest frame as possible without lost any pixels and without any over black pixels... just from madvr appearing this as default for any format and codecs use. that's would be cool. auto stretch everything horizon or vertical depend of black bar with right aspect ratio of course:) till frame will max size, so we will see black bars in any way some time, but only vertical or horizon not both. i think this actually not only for my own 21:9 but for 16:9, 32:9 i guess all the time lol
and would be cool if will fixed site engine. after buy on paypal opened page about "paypal page was closed, use the support etc". but everything good, email with code arrive the next second.

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2023, 01:30:50 pm »

If you could get one new improvement, what would it be?

Priority 1: A solution so I can use the Analyze Audio feature for downloaded Cloudplay playlist tracks.

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2023, 01:48:16 pm »

If you could get one new improvement, what would it be?

Priority 2: An option to use the specific Volume Level R128 value for each track when playing an album, and not only the average album R128 value.

I think there was an option for this in previous versions of MC.

Daydream

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2023, 02:04:55 pm »

1) Statistics. Everybody and their dog wants to track everything we do, but if I want to have my own tracking for my own purposes, that is rather... lacking. Playback reports -> 'Most played' artist/genre/etc over various time spans, collection structure/breakdown of music/video/photo collections, playback timeline (i.e. how many minutes a day, what items - music, movies, tv, etc). And have that presented NOT in a spreadsheet style (or smartlist of other half-working attempts). For lack of a better description of what I suggest - think Grafana.

2) Exploratory metadata. Spotlight might be a step in that direction, but it will need a lot more pizza to compete. There is more information that can be shown for each item, there is definitely more style that can be added to the display (just playing with the XSL for the CSS used I can add shadows and other things) aaaand... there's number 3 below.

3) In my opinion there are a number of things that are starting to overlap. There is track info view, Spotlight, customizable OSD, Theater View in whichever direction it will go. Some of these things might be better if they come together, have a more unified look.

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2023, 02:12:17 pm »

Would like ctrl-J to also display fps of source file, not just fps of display.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2023, 02:33:43 pm »

Dinosaur of a request here:

I have always wanted the ability to add custom Video "Media Sub Type" such as Concerts or Kids.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2023, 02:44:22 pm »

Dinosaur of a request here:

I have always wanted the ability to add custom Video "Media Sub Type" such as Concerts or Kids.
Make a short list and we can probably add it.

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2023, 03:33:02 pm »

Jim mentioned facial recognition for images.  I am thinking that isn't practical for MC.  Too much effort and will likely always be behind the dedicated photo programs.  I am wondering if it might be better to ensure that facial recognition tags are picked up and can be used with the JRiver, including maybe some specialized sorting routines on the tags.

I don't use MC for images, other than tied to music, so I agree with this.

SoundPro69

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2023, 03:33:11 pm »

Either an integration of sacd_extract (or your own implementation that does the same thing). It'd allow the user to be able to extract DSF/DFF files from SACD ISOs without doing any sort of conversion. Could also potentially allow the user to be able to "convert" DFF to DSF or vice versa by unpacking the file and changing only the container (and not the data), to avoid any conversion, especially the PCM conversion in the middle.

I second that!

SoundPro69

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2023, 03:36:05 pm »

SoundPro69

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2023, 03:44:45 pm »

Hi. My wish:
Support for streaming services. Concretely Qobuz.

It's really weird to have to have that separate.

Thank you,

Gabe

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2023, 07:14:28 pm »

Few months ago there was talk of a different method of doing major version upgrades, where MC files/folders no longer carry the version number. Instead there would just be a generic MC folder without a number, same with executables. For example:
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 31\
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 31\Media Center 31.exe
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 32\
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 32\Media Center 32.exe

Instead would become
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Media Center.exe

Is that happening this time around? Next time around?

Thanks for bringing this up.  This is the main reason I no longer upgrade every time around.

Please standardize the program name.

stiv32

• World Citizen
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2023, 01:41:47 am »

Thank you for allowing us to provide our wishes.

My wish is related to particles. They have been left behind for a few years now.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133435.msg926294.html#msg926294

I have a second one, which is to bring the following pscriptor  script in a JRiver ui: - copy files with flexible folder and file names (including sequence #'s) and create M3U8 playlists

I believe that it would be a good idea to actually bring more of these scripts in JRiver; they are based in JRiver users needs, they have been around for a long time and it would be nice for a change to be able to see them integrated in our beloved JRiver.

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2023, 02:46:48 am »

It has been years that DLNA renderers are working well with JRiver DSP providing the source is coming from JRiver local music. I would like to use DSP with DLNA renderers when playing URL of Radio or WDM JRiver input. Today you can play to the renderer but DSP is bypassed.

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2023, 02:52:09 am »

Chromecast terminal as zone ? With DSP of course . Chromecast and Airplay are now more popular than DLNA. Even Qobuz windows application  can play directly to Chromecast devices but without DSP of course for that we need to go through JRiver.

MikeO

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2023, 05:12:39 am »

A little TLC for JRemote eg add Spotlight maybe

Smack

• World Citizen
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2023, 07:41:14 am »

How about a collection feature?

I already opened a topic for 31.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,136040.0.html

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2023, 11:15:39 am »

My primary use: Music
Close second: movies/downloaded tv

Whenever I start MC (displaying an Album-artist view), scrolling noticeably lags.
My machine is powerful enough. It may be the rendering of the album covers (and/or when an artist has multiple albums, you can see a "stack" below the top one).
This is *not* a major annoyance, but it is one that I deal with everyday.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2023, 12:02:35 pm »

Sounds like the thumbnails aren't all built.

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2023, 12:17:11 pm »

Shifting the subtitle position or fixed position of subtitles
when shifting the movie down, typical -12% (no black bar below wanted), the subtitles are gone

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2023, 01:29:19 pm »

• I know it's been mentioned earlier, but I'd really like to see Particles updated/refreshed/overhauled. They are not intuitive at all and difficult to use. This would make DVD/Blu-Ray audio extraction so much easier. If DVD Audio Extractor can figure it out, JRiver could too.
  • Jim's Organized backup to other machines on the network.  The user just chooses a location for the database and a root location for the media and we do the rest. 1000x yes!!!!
  • While not quite MC32, an updated Gizmo/JRemote would be awesome and welcomed!

jmz

• Recent member
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2023, 03:12:48 pm »

I wish...

to be able add currently played song to favourites list using single button.

Now the explanation and context:

JRiver media is running on PC with Windows 10.

I hear nice song from my playlist.

I open JRemote2 on my Android phone... and would like to add this song to favourites list.

Now this song should be visible on favourites list on my PC when Windows version of JRiver is installed and run.

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2023, 09:49:18 pm »

Wish: To get 4K capture to work so I could process streams within JRiver by a video capture card.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131791.msg947995.html#msg947995

davewave

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2023, 11:24:33 pm »

Either an integration of sacd_extract (or your own implementation that does the same thing). It'd allow the user to be able to extract DSF/DFF files from SACD ISOs without doing any sort of conversion. Could also potentially allow the user to be able to "convert" DFF to DSF or vice versa by unpacking the file and changing only the container (and not the data), to avoid any conversion, especially the PCM conversion in the middle.
This!

Buldarged

• Recent member
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2023, 12:33:31 pm »

Better layouting options for displaying cover art of mixed aspect ratios.
See this post and the accompanying thread for more information.

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2023, 12:52:53 pm »

Copy/paste of custom views for JRemote, so that we don’t have to define all new ones from scratch.

Buldarged

• Recent member
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2023, 01:07:40 pm »

Theater View GUI.  We _must_ tune this up.  That long thread on using icons ...

I have a related feature request. I recently tried adding unicode characters like a clock🕑, calender 📅🗓 or a photo📷🖼 symbol to a thumbnail text. Despite using an appropriate font (Segoe UI Emoji or Segoe UI Symbol), MC couldn't display them. I assume the reason is that MC doesn't support color fonts yet. Would be a great addition, since these kind of symbols are very useful as they can be displayed next to a duration, date, etc. While the same can probably be done using the img tag, that requires additional resources for sharing. Fonts are already installed everywhere.

Fun fact: These symbols work in the post editor I'm currently writing in, but are not showing up in the preview.
Edit: But, they do work after posting.

Drybonz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2023, 01:24:33 pm »

Close (X) to system tray.  Nearly universal in most programs now... would like to see this in jriver.  Thanks.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2023, 05:35:09 pm »

Sounds like the thumbnails aren't all built.
Nope. All built. I think it's the loading of the thumbnails? I don't really know.

EdBrady

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2023, 06:44:51 pm »

I've long wished that MC would display all artwork contained in tags, not just the first front cover artwork.

eve

« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2023, 09:21:09 pm »

Mostly MCWS-y stuff

> Get JRVR profiles (array of profiles, either with basic identifying information or the entire profile including settings)

> Set JRVR profile for session. Set a 'default' profile to use in a zone for all playback until JRiver is closed or the setting is changed.

> Read DSP Profile Config

> Change DSP Profile Setting

MikeO

« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2023, 11:38:52 pm »

Copy/paste of custom views for JRemote, so that we don’t have to define all new ones from scratch.

When defining JRemote Views you can select from any Standard views already defined in the desktop app, when you select Add you get a menu to select from including "Library Items from Standard View" which then displays all menu /view options

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2023, 03:00:16 am »

Hi,
Is it realistic to hope for VDM JRiver drivers that support more than 192 kHz?

eve

« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2023, 06:57:50 am »

Hi,
Is it realistic to hope for VDM JRiver drivers that support more than 192 kHz?
WDM you mean?
Out of curiosity, what's the use case?

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2023, 07:25:29 am »

When defining JRemote Views you can select from any Standard views already defined in the desktop app, when you select Add you get a menu to select from including "Library Items from Standard View" which then displays all menu /view options

Yes but there I can only select from very simple standard views, I silll can’t use one of my own JRemote views to just modify a small part of it. That’s what I want.

MikeO

« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2023, 07:35:44 am »

I am missing something ,

I added and customized the views for Classical and Rock , then I further added Custom views for Artists (a top 50 List), Artists (all) and so on . All neatly organized in a tree view

When you add a view to JRemote , all these views are available for selection. I topped using the standard View Set as delivered with MC years ago as I set up my own Customized Views

Create a new view , test it , perfect it import it into JRemote

My JRemote directly mirrors my desktop setup

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2023, 07:57:12 am »

WDM you mean?
Out of curiosity, what's the use case?

Simply using the quality of JRiver with its powerful studio DSP with audio players that don't support VST plugins, convolution etc, for example.

At this time the JRiver WDM driver (virtual audio driver) is limited to 192kHz.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2023, 08:53:25 am »

Create a new view , test it , perfect it import it into JRemote

My JRemote directly mirrors my desktop setup

That’s the reason for our different experience. I didn’t create JRiver views and mirrored them in JRemote views, I just created JRemote views and now can only use JRiver views as template, but not the previous JRemote views I created.

I just need JRiver as server basis, I don’t work much with views there.

Would be great if also existing JRemote views could be used as template for new JRemote views….or simply be copied/pasted.

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2023, 09:30:17 pm »

This is a list of possible changes in MC32  Nothing is certain yet.  I'll start another list later so users can let us know what they want.

-----------

Prevent album uploads and artist uploads

Yeah, I've wondered about that.

It is A Good Thing that this guideline is implemented more strictly.

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

flac.rules

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2023, 07:54:16 am »

Having a more robust system for handling a lot of stuff happening and the GUI "freezing" is good, so is a theatre view upgrade. Exciting to see.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2023, 08:09:59 am »

Having a more robust system for handling a lot of stuff happening and the GUI "freezing" is good, so is a theatre view upgrade. Exciting to see.
The GUI freezing isn't normal.  If you have that problem, please start a thread with details.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2023, 01:17:08 pm »

How about one wish per product? ...

For JRemote, persistence of the view type (list, list w/thumbnails, album covers) for at least the top-level of Audio selections.  For the modern portion of my collection, I like a full album cover view.  For the classical music section (organized by composer currently), I'd like just a list.  The view type of lower levels can then inherit that choice (if no persistence is available at lower levels).

For MC, the ability to have newlines (and possibly horizontal lines) inserted, for visual separation between groups (described in earlier posts of mine and others).

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2023, 09:58:58 pm »

I would like to see the scrolling up and down in the Albums or Artists view become buttery smooth. I do admit that it has gotten a lot better over the years. Anyway, as for the continuous development over the years, I must give the JRiver team an A+. Thanks for you guys' hard work. :-)
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

davewave

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2023, 10:25:59 pm »

Interesting comment about particles and DVDA.  As a general rule, I would love to see some kind of method to rip and listen to DVD Audio files.   Yes, it can be done with DVD Audio Extractor but it would be great to have it here.  Maybe add compatibility for the DVDA plug-ins for Foobar?   

Perhaps the next few are already in the product so if so please attribute that to user error.

1)  Add a simple keystroke to select an entire playlist (not just one song) and remove that playlist in its entirety. 

2) Extend one's chosen ripping file management style (track, artist, song, etc) and apply those same rules when extracting files from a FLAC file or what have you with a cues sheet.  In my case those extractions are titled very differently than my CD rips.

3) Create a simple tool to create cue sheets by dragging files into a playlist and then generating a cue file from that.   

4) Indulge the DSD fans with some more love as described above.   

5) Make it simple to properly decode old CD files with the emphasis applied.   

stiv32

• World Citizen
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2023, 05:51:29 am »

• I know it's been mentioned earlier, but I'd really like to see Particles updated/refreshed/overhauled. They are not intuitive at all and difficult to use. This would make DVD/Blu-Ray audio extraction so much easier. If DVD Audio Extractor can figure it out, JRiver could too.
  • Jim's Organized backup to other machines on the network.  The user just chooses a location for the database and a root location for the media and we do the rest. 1000x yes!!!!
  • While not quite MC32, an updated Gizmo/JRemote would be awesome and welcomed!

+1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up