INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: manage library fields\flags are greyed out  (Read 253 times)

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck
manage library fields\flags are greyed out
« on: November 11, 2023, 02:04:06 pm »

As I wrote at the end of

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137294.0.html

in some flags of library fields like "Composer", "Conductor"and "Instrument" it is not possible to add "Video" to "Audio" so it says "Audio;Video".
"Flags" is simply greyed out and I'm wondering why, since other fields like "Choir" and "Ensemble" - also self-defined fields - can be edited.

Below the "Fields" is only available to add a complete new field or to delete one. But adding a complete new field is no alternative because on one hand it would causes a lot of mapping-work. On the other hand the names are correct, so the new fields should also be named "Conductor"...

I really would appreciate it if somebody knows another suitable way - or could the programming guys of JRiver make the greyed out fields editable?

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: manage library fields\flags are greyed out
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 12:38:59 pm »

I just tried the following: Since the Tag-Editor does not show the abovementioned fields, especially the "Composer"-field, I went to a audio-album and turned the composer in the column on; in the audio-albums, the composer is correctly shown. Also it is possible to search by the shown composer.

No, I entered the composer in this shown Composer-column also in the video-albums. And now the surprise: No search is possible! Also, during entering the composer names, MC suggests only the composers, which are entered before regarding the video files - before entering the first time in a video file, there were no suggestions - despite the fact that I had several thousands classical audio albums before tagged correctly (also the composer of course)!

For me, it seems that MC has two completely different sections for tagging and managing audio and video files - notwithstanding the Tag-Editor is the same for both.

So, please be so kind and make at least the search available for both, not only for audio but also for the now manually tagged video-fields (like Composer) which are not shown in the Tag-Editor. I emphasize once more that this would be a huge advantage over Roon (and that's what we JRiver fans want)!
Pages: [1]   Go Up