INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd Network And Disk Usage While Play Files  (Read 379 times)

nathanCFD

• Recent member
Odd Network And Disk Usage While Play Files
« on: November 14, 2023, 10:04:15 am »

Trying to nail down an issue I've experienced while playing 4K Media.  This is a new issues that's occurred without changes to any other software on the HTPC (other than W10 updates  :-\); all's been fine previously.  And, this may not be an issue with MC at all, just looking for any guidance from community.

While playing from the Network Library Server, I'm getting a Network bandwidth usage around 700 Mbps; apparently the SSD is trying to cache to keep up.  After about five minutes of playback, the network and disk pegs at 100% and all crashes.

I have two (nearly) identical HTPC builds: Testing of same file on alternate HTPC uses Network bandwidth around 89 Mbps; negligible effect on SSD.  All plays fine.

I've set both MC's to same specs.  Both PCs are on same network switch.  Changed out the ethernet cables.  Ran a homerun from the Media Server to the misbehaving HTPC just to be sure it wasn't a cable issue.

Testing a 1080 file: Network usage pegs to 900 Mbps for one minute, then drops to 1000 kbps.

Not sure where to go from here.  Not sure if I have a Windows issue, an issue with MC, the SSD?  Any thoughts about why one machine is sustaining a 700+ Mbps stream and the other is fine with 89?

Thanks; any help is appreciated!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Odd Network And Disk Usage While Play Files
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 10:14:40 am »

Assuming it's all wired, settings on the network hardware settings?  Or driver for it?

A few years ago, there was a network problem solved by disabling jumbo packets in the card settings.

nathanCFD

• Recent member
Re: Odd Network And Disk Usage While Play Files
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 10:25:24 am »

Assuming it's all wired, settings on the network hardware settings?  Or driver for it?

A few years ago, there was a network problem solved by disabling jumbo packets in the card settings.

Hi Jim, the driver is updated and Jumbo Packet is Disabled; using integrated Ethernet port on Gigabyte Z390 MOBO; NvidiA GeForce GT 1030 card. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up