More > JRiver Media Center 30 for Mac

How to make esc or esc-esc stop video or song playback

(1/1)

bannonb:
Hey JRiver masters of the universe:

I Need coaching on resources.xml.

I am on a Mac with a comfortable but unsupported keyboard (Logitech K350) so none of the media keys work as desired.

I have perused posts that include keyboard accelerators in resources.xml and can't recall how to modify it to support a simple capability. 
   How do I stop song or video playback with a keyboard command?

I have had this in place before but lost my config file (resources.xml) along with my entire Mac system that contained the command...

Anyway, I think I want to submit the command 10002 (MCC_Stop) with the escape key.  I had always found I had to hit the escape key twice to stop playback.

Can you help?

Thanks,

BannonB

JimH:
There is a Media Keys setting in MC's options.  There is a search window at the bottom.

bannonb:
@JimH, I'm familiar with the options pages and I searched for "media" and "keys",  but don't see anything that looks like what I am looking for.

Can you be more specific about where that setting is?

And maybe to be more specific, I would like to use a single key "esc" to both exit full screen and stop playback and exit back to the thumbnail view/library of videos/songs.

Thanks,

BannonB

JimH:
Search for Media Key

It's under General > Advanced.

bannonb:
I saw that and have toggled Media Key mode from all to keyboard only and see no change.

Can someone assist with the ~/Libary/Application Resources/J River/Media Center 30/Data/Custom Resources/resources.xml file syntax? It was working until I lost the file along with more data.  Is that the right path/filename?

I don't recall the exact syntax but previously had the escape key so it would both exit full screen, and upon second push would stop playback of a video.

This doesn't seem to do it, but is there some other command to try?
     <Entry Key="escape" Command="10002" Param="0" Global="1" />

Thanks again,

BannonB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version