INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opening MP3 files  (Read 1099 times)

kbrick

• nothing more to say...
Opening MP3 files
« on: January 09, 2003, 10:26:02 am »

I just downloaded Media Jukebox to try it out. I have a website, and I've placed samples of my band's music out there (names of songs with hyperlinks to the URLs where they're located). The samples are in MP3 format; however, Media Jukebox (and other packages I have) don't automatically open it. For example, when I click the link, it doesn't work, but if I use File/Open streaming File in MediaJukebox, then it works. I just want my visitors to be able to click and hear without having to enter the actual URL. How can I do this? :-/

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
Re: Opening MP3 files
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2003, 12:41:14 pm »

I'm guessing your web browser may need to be set up to associate the mp3 file type to an outside 'helper application'.  Also, the server where the files are stored must 'know how' to serve up the files so they will play.
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)

kbrick

• nothing more to say...
Re: Opening MP3 files
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2003, 07:24:30 pm »

I know it's not the server it's stored on, because I can get them to play on one PC, but not another. How do I make this adjustment to my Web Browser? Thanks!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up