INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I create a recording rule from scratch, when it's not in the guide yet  (Read 519 times)

chilibean

• Recent member

Any recording information I found during searches is from a million years go.

I'd like set up to record the Kennedy Center Honors, which I know is in late December, but it's not in the guide yet.  I've missed the window before and my wife has not been happy.

In the past i've just pointed at any old show and changed as much of the data inside that I could think of.  But I'm wondering if there's some way to just say "I'd like to record something in the future that I know the name of, but isn't in the guide yet.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You can subscribe by name.

greynolds

In the past i've just pointed at any old show and changed as much of the data inside that I could think of.  But I'm wondering if there's some way to just say "I'd like to record something in the future that I know the name of, but isn't in the guide yet.
That’s the approach i always take - schedule a recording for any show from the guide, then tweak the recording rules.  I’m not aware of any other way to do it.

chilibean

• Recent member

You can subscribe by name.

How do I do that?  If I'm in standard view, and I hit Record it just takes whatever the guide is pointing to and fills in that information.  Is there no way to just start with a blank recording template?  If I search for Kennedy Center Honors it fills in the search box, but there is no program selected because, well, it's not in the guide yet.

greynolds

How do I do that?  If I'm in standard view, and I hit Record it just takes whatever the guide is pointing to and fills in that information.  Is there no way to just start with a blank recording template?  If I search for Kennedy Center Honors it fills in the search box, but there is no program selected because, well, it's not in the guide yet.
I believe the answer is that you can't accomplish it other than by scheduling a "dummy" recording and then editing it, which obviously works, but is a bit kludgy.  It's not a big deal to me since I don't run into the situation very often, but it also doesn't seem like it would be that hard to add a "create new recording from blank template" button somewhere that allows you to type in the name and then it fills everything in for you using your configured defaults.  Perhaps this is one for the requested features list for MC32...
Pages: [1]   Go Up