INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver on Android and 4k video files using Nvidia shield  (Read 520 times)

armyplace

• Recent member
JRiver on Android and 4k video files using Nvidia shield
« on: December 02, 2023, 11:59:05 pm »

Hi all,

I have my main setup using a htpc for my projector using windows to play 4k HDR files.

I have 2 other oled tvs with a nvdia shield, can JRiver for Android be used with the latest MC31 to play back 4k movie files in HDR from my NAS etc?

I see lots of topics on music but not much at all for video files.

Thanks!

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver on Android and 4k video files using Nvidia shield
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 06:48:11 am »

Yes and the Shield (depending on model - I think only the 2019 Pro version) can even do Dolby Vision if the movies were ripped with it. You need to install MC on the Shield and connect it to your library. It is fairly simple. The only problem is that the UI and controls aren't very good. If you plan on selecting a movie and hitting play it should work well.

armyplace

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 06:03:31 am »

Yes and the Shield (depending on model - I think only the 2019 Pro version) can even do Dolby Vision if the movies were ripped with it. You need to install MC on the Shield and connect it to your library. It is fairly simple. The only problem is that the UI and controls aren't very good. If you plan on selecting a movie and hitting play it should work well.

Thanks for this. I can see the JRiver for Android listed in the google playstore on my Shield Pro. It says it requires a gamepad for installation. Does getting the JR remote control app alleviate this, like can I/should I use my Iphone to control MC31?

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 06:53:43 pm »

I don't use a game pad. I use either the Shield's remote or a Harmony. I bet you could use the phone remote app too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up