INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need an app to ID duplicates  (Read 1218 times)

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.
Need an app to ID duplicates
« on: December 25, 2023, 05:00:43 am »

in the process of archiving/remixing band files from long ago, when I just started out. My tagging/naming skills were non existent, so Ive got a lot of duplicates. ive tried myriad "duplicate file finders" but none of them were up to par. Need an app with acoustic fingerprinting, specifically, or something 100% accurate.

ive tried similarity, dupe guru and several others.  l in some instances ive files with same audio(exactly) but different names. its from my old 90s band, 750 gigs of demos etc. i was terrible at metadata(and recording/mixing tbh).. trying to organize/remix this is a nightmare. any help greatly appreciated!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You could sort by size to get some of them. 

zybex

• MC Beta Team

Not an easy task.
Maybe you can try some Audio Transcription tools (such as https://moises.ai/) to first generate lyrics, assuming it's not all instrumental, then you can use other text similarity tools to find duplicates/similar lyrics.

eve

in the process of archiving/remixing band files from long ago, when I just started out. My tagging/naming skills were non existent, so Ive got a lot of duplicates. ive tried myriad "duplicate file finders" but none of them were up to par. Need an app with acoustic fingerprinting, specifically, or something 100% accurate.

ive tried similarity, dupe guru and several others.  l in some instances ive files with same audio(exactly) but different names. its from my old 90s band, 750 gigs of demos etc. i was terrible at metadata(and recording/mixing tbh).. trying to organize/remix this is a nightmare. any help greatly appreciated!

AcoustID / Chromaprint is probably your easiest option! Especially if you're not exactly trying to match it to metadata externally, but rather just want to compare the 'audio'.

If it's not really working (or you have different track lengths with similar content) you could try slicing everything up into segments?

https://github.com/acoustid/chromaprint
That's the C version but there's a python one and a GUI I think?

I may have a better answer in the next few weeks since I'm trying to figure out my best solution for fingerprinting.

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.
Re: Need an app to ID duplicates
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 12:22:59 am »

thank each and every one of yall!! i appreciate you very much! @JimH @eve @zybex (im using all of your suggestions tbh) <3
Pages: [1]   Go Up