INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network Problems with JRemote2  (Read 537 times)

KeekUras

• Recent member
Network Problems with JRemote2
« on: December 26, 2023, 12:07:31 pm »

Hello. Great app! It's better than every other JRiver-related app, IMO.

My only complaint is the network switching. If I'm streaming music from home, then leave and get in my car, connect to Bluetooth, and try to continue playing, the app just hangs up. I have to turn off Wi-Fi and reconnect over 5G. Can I request that this be addressed? Possibly have the app cache the currently playing track or a couple of them, so the network can switch for a smoother experience? I've used many music servers (e.g., Roon, Airsonic, Gonic, Subsonic, LMS, Navidrome, etc.) with their respective supported mobile apps, and this didn't happen. I do know MO4Media caches tracks offline, but its offline mode playing is weak. Thanks!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Network Problems with JRemote2
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 02:03:24 pm »

I also run into some playback issues when switching networks, which is strange because I run everything on my Tailscale network and thus it should be seamless for JRemote2, so maybe there is an Android issue involved?

KeekUras

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 02:21:40 pm »

I also run into some playback issues when switching networks, which is strange because I run everything on my Tailscale network and thus it should be seamless for JRemote2, so maybe there is an Android issue involved?

Interesting. I use a product like Tailscale (Twingate) for connecting to my unRAID server at home, but not regarding JRiver connectivity. But if you're having similar issues, I may wait and see if this could be addressed first.

KeekUras

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 10:08:11 am »

After working with it for a bit, I've found that if I pause the music, it will pick right back up in the car. So, no issue :) Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up