INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC31 crashs when using reverse picture search with JRVR  (Read 311 times)

Cinefan2000

MC31 crashs when using reverse picture search with JRVR
« on: January 03, 2024, 06:55:23 am »

Hello,

I have a Media PC with windows 10 Pro and a RTX3060 in my home cinema to optimize UHD content for my JVC X7900 beamer.

I used MC28 & MadVR to do this, but at some point after upgrading MadVR to the latest versions (currently I tested V204) I got random white and black frames every 1-2 minutes during playback, which somehow is not so nice ;-) . So I got interested into the new JRVR.

I upgraded to the latest MC31. First I tried MadVR, which shows the same problems (erratic white an black frames/flicker every two minutes or so.)

JRVR works fine and the picture quality I got was quite satisfying. But then I noticed, that every time (!) I'm using revers picture search (using the << Button on my remote), the display shows '<< 5x', the picture freezes and MC hangs completely. This is in full screen theater mode as well as in window mode. I have to kill the application using the Task Manager. I can skip backward using the cursor keys. The reverse picture search works using madvr.

I've decided to do a complete fresh install of my Media PC, now using Windows 11 Pro and the latest NVidia driver. After reinstalling MC31, I have the same problems with JRVR crashing immediately when pressing reverse picture search ( and madVR inserting white / black frames).

Can anyone reproduce the problem or has a suggestion to solve it ?

Further I'm no sure, which settings to use in the NVIDIA driver.

I set it to 3840x2160, 24Hz

But what is the best settings for NVidia color management (see attachment).

If I don't use YCbCr422 or YCbCr444 I get a pink picture using madVR, but what are good settings for JRVR ?

Thanks

Marc

Cinefan2000

Re: MC31 crashs when using reverse picture search with JRVR
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 07:37:46 am »

Dear JRiver Support,

can you comment on the bug I've posted: JRVR crashes every time I'm using reverse picture search. Even after upgrade to Win11 and a fresh reinstall.

Or can you at least confirm, that this problem appears only on my setup.

Thanks

Marc

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC31 crashs when using reverse picture search with JRVR
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 08:25:23 am »

You should set the desktop resolution to 3840x2160 @ 60 Hz, not 24. Then enable the "automatic change mode" option in MC so that it changes the display rate to match each movie frame rate. RGB should also be the default, weird that you get pink screen without YCbCr.

The <5x reverse seek works fine for me. This type of crash can be caused by the graphics driver, but you said you already tried the latest... try an older one just in case. The black/white frames and these hangs can also point to a damaged/overheating GPU under stress.
Pages: [1]   Go Up