INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Way to Use JRemote on iOS?  (Read 239 times)

khpro59

• Recent member
Best Way to Use JRemote on iOS?
« on: January 10, 2024, 08:42:39 am »

Im a total amatuer when its comes to JRiver... but am an overall tech savvy person. What is the best way to use the JRemote on iOs? I keep having the issue where it wont "wake" my server. I think I read somewhere that I need to create another Library (one that is accessible via the internet?) but I am not sure on the choices to make to do this.

Essentially all I want to be able to do is access my music at ANY time, right now its only if my PC is awake. and I take a lot of road trips, would love to just be able to pull up JRemote and listen to my library without worrying if my PC is on.

I have attached a screenshot of the library settings to create a new one, am I on the right path?

Thanks for the help or let me know if I should create a new thread. TIA!

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Best Way to Use JRemote on iOS?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 11:13:08 am »

Im a total amatuer when its comes to JRiver... but am an overall tech savvy person. What is the best way to use the JRemote on iOs? I keep having the issue where it wont "wake" my server. I think I read somewhere that I need to create another Library (one that is accessible via the internet?) but I am not sure on the choices to make to do this.

Essentially all I want to be able to do is access my music at ANY time, right now its only if my PC is awake. and I take a lot of road trips, would love to just be able to pull up JRemote and listen to my library without worrying if my PC is on.

I have attached a screenshot of the library settings to create a new one, am I on the right path?

Thanks for the help or let me know if I should create a new thread. TIA!
I’d try the following. It sounds like you have already created a server, but configure it to start it up with every Windows start (Tools… Options… Startup… Windows Startup)

I agree… whenever the MC server might crash, it would be good if JRemote restarted the server, rather than rebooted the computer (because the reboot JRemote calls on will not start apps normally called on to automatically start. That is, the MC server will normally start automatically without logging in, but not if JRemote reboots the computer)

#HTH
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up