INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC31 Hangs on Raspberry Pi after DLNA Server Play request  (Read 246 times)

duncanmead

• Recent member
MC31 Hangs on Raspberry Pi after DLNA Server Play request
« on: January 12, 2024, 08:22:18 am »

Hi. I have MC31 running on a Raspberry Pi 4B. It is setup as a DLNA Server and Controller, serving the songs from a library pointing to FLAC files on a NAS. It plays locally without problems. However, when i issue an API command to play a playlist to a device (Yamaha WXA-50) via DLNA, the command is sent to to the amplifier (It turns on, and the song title is displayed), but the song does not play, and MC31 hangs. I have to reboot the Pi to reset. This happens very frequently, but not always - often after working once, turning the amplifier off, and then attempting to play again. The log shows that this always happens after "0000018: 548360589376: General: JRWebApp::InitInstance: Loading Chromium engine". Please find the log attached. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated - it is very frustrating to work sometimes, and then fail.
regards, Duncan.

duncanmead

• Recent member
Re: MC31 Hangs on Raspberry Pi after DLNA Server Play request
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 07:45:14 am »

Hi, After considerable testing, this seems to be down to the Amplifier taking time to turn on. I hadn't previously explicitly turned on the amplifier - the DLNA play request would cause the amplifier to be swicthed on. But it appears that turning off the amplifier, and then issuing a second DLNA play request would cause the hang in MC. I now turn on the amplifier, wait 5 seconds, and then issue the DLNA play request (through automation). This seems to fix the issue. Posting this in case other people come across this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up