INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center locks files when it doesn't need to? (UNC)  (Read 138 times)

AlexS

• World Citizen
Media Center locks files when it doesn't need to? (UNC)
« on: January 16, 2024, 01:41:19 pm »

I'm trying to work out what's going on here. This has been going on since the beginning of time, often I want to move album folders around after playing them.

STEPS TO REPRO.

1) I have a server and I'm playing a folder with FLAC files on it via UNC with my Windows 11 client and Media Center. I play all of it, and now it's in a stopped state.

2) Now I play another entirely different album. The previous album is NOT in the "playing now" playlist and is NOT being played.

3) I try to move the folder of the original album I played (see 1) in Windows file explorer but the folder won't move:
Windows file explorer states "action cannot be completed because the folder or file is open in another program.".
But I'm not longer playing this album??

4) I have Windows Powertoys "locksmith" installed that checks folder and files underneath and it confirms "Media Center 31.exe" is locking the file, why?

If I quit media center I can move the folder, but why are the files locked when I'm not longer playing and are no longer in the playlist?
Just to state again I'm using UNC in case that makes a difference. It absolutely won't let go of any files until Media Centre quits.

Thanks....
Pages: [1]   Go Up