Devices > Androids and other portables

MC Windows Sync with Android Problems

(1/2) > >>

paragmehta:
Hi folks,

I have had tons of issues attempting to use MC to sync playlists and files from Windows to Android (Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra).  It has never worked well.

My setup:

* Attempt to sync audio files only with embedded album art.
* Convert flac to MP3 on the fly
* Generate custom playlists
* AudioBasePath: Music\[Grouping]
* SupportedFileTypes: mp3;ogg;aac
* DeviceType:2, DeviceName: USBSTOR; UnsupportedDevice
* ResyncIfDateModified:

Issues:

* It starts off by saying 'Device is fully synchronized' - no, it is not at all synchronized.
* Crashes in between, when it crashes it deletes the playlist files on android or they have been previously deleted.
* Looses connection to android, once that happens, USB on device has to be reconnected.
* Starts "Error" ing out in the media (in details view)
* Recheck Sync - forgets the files it has already synced, and tried to delete them next time.
* Does not look like file timestamp based diff is working.
* DeviceName: USBSTOR; UnsupportedDevice - does this require a different USB driver?
* ResyncIfDateModified - is there a setting for this.
* Sometimes when it completes, only some of the files have been synchronized.
* Does not like dot in folder or file name, hence I have changed the [Grouping] field in my media to not contain . or & characters.
* Once or twice I have lost the sync profile entirely, there does not seem to be a way to back it up.
* Device dump info should be copyable in text format, so can be posted on forums for debugging.
* If have deleted all media on device and attempted a full-resync, the same issues above continue.
* At the end of the sync, would be good to get a list of errored files, again to be copyable in text format to Notepad++.
* After sync is complete or nearly complete, the process gets stuck at 99% for a long time, then often locks up (perhaps during writing the custom playlists).

Perhaps I am doing something wrong.  Any advice would be highly appreciated, including perhaps a better / different app / tool to achieve the same.

Thanks,
Parag

JimH:
Try MP3 only.  I don't think AAC or OGG would work.

What vercion of MC?

paragmehta:
Was using 32.0.6 when those previous errors occurred.

I have just upgraded to 32.0.8 and changed SupportedFileTypes to only mp3.

Does not change anything, wants to sync and delete the exact same contents again.

Thanks.

JimH:
Can you format the microSD card?

paragmehta:
Hi Jim,

Galaxy S23 does not have a separate micro SD card, it's part of the internal storage.

I had previously deleted the Music folder and let MC recreate it though.  Did not help.

Thanks,
Parag

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version