INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Windows Sync with Android Problems  (Read 426 times)

paragmehta

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MC Windows Sync with Android Problems
« on: January 27, 2024, 03:03:14 pm »

Hi folks,

I have had tons of issues attempting to use MC to sync playlists and files from Windows to Android (Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra).  It has never worked well.

My setup:

* Attempt to sync audio files only with embedded album art.
* Convert flac to MP3 on the fly
* Generate custom playlists
* AudioBasePath: Music\[Grouping]
* SupportedFileTypes: mp3;ogg;aac
* DeviceType:2, DeviceName: USBSTOR; UnsupportedDevice
* ResyncIfDateModified:

Issues:

* It starts off by saying 'Device is fully synchronized' - no, it is not at all synchronized.
* Crashes in between, when it crashes it deletes the playlist files on android or they have been previously deleted.
* Looses connection to android, once that happens, USB on device has to be reconnected.
* Starts "Error" ing out in the media (in details view)
* Recheck Sync - forgets the files it has already synced, and tried to delete them next time.
* Does not look like file timestamp based diff is working.
* DeviceName: USBSTOR; UnsupportedDevice - does this require a different USB driver?
* ResyncIfDateModified - is there a setting for this.
* Sometimes when it completes, only some of the files have been synchronized.
* Does not like dot in folder or file name, hence I have changed the [Grouping] field in my media to not contain . or & characters.
* Once or twice I have lost the sync profile entirely, there does not seem to be a way to back it up.
* Device dump info should be copyable in text format, so can be posted on forums for debugging.
* If have deleted all media on device and attempted a full-resync, the same issues above continue.
* At the end of the sync, would be good to get a list of errored files, again to be copyable in text format to Notepad++.
* After sync is complete or nearly complete, the process gets stuck at 99% for a long time, then often locks up (perhaps during writing the custom playlists).

Perhaps I am doing something wrong.  Any advice would be highly appreciated, including perhaps a better / different app / tool to achieve the same.

Thanks,
Parag

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC Windows Sync with Android is very flawed
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 03:09:05 pm »

Try MP3 only.  I don't think AAC or OGG would work.

What vercion of MC?

paragmehta

• Recent member
Re: MC Windows Sync with Android Problems
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 12:40:29 pm »

Was using 32.0.6 when those previous errors occurred.

I have just upgraded to 32.0.8 and changed SupportedFileTypes to only mp3.

Does not change anything, wants to sync and delete the exact same contents again.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 12:43:02 pm »

Can you format the microSD card?

paragmehta

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2024, 02:59:27 am »

Hi Jim,

Galaxy S23 does not have a separate micro SD card, it's part of the internal storage.

I had previously deleted the Music folder and let MC recreate it though.  Did not help.

Thanks,
Parag

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 10:18:33 pm »

I am seeing this issue also, on a OnePlus 12.

I'm asking MC to convert if necessary to mp3 files.  It will start syncing, and sometimes copy files for a couple minutes, sometimes 90 minutes.

When it just suddenly disconnects, it still reports as finished, so it's not a crash.

But, MC doesn't recognize files it did put on the phone.  I have lots of music on the phone, originally placed by MC, but MC is not seeing these files when it connects again, and MC wants to add these files.  This isn't the end of the world, if an existing file gets 'overwritten' by MC upon a re-sync, but if it's a file on the phone, that is NOT in the smartlist to get synced, the file just sits there taking up space and not referenced by any smartlist.

I hope this can get some love soon.  It's nearly impossible to get 5000 files properly synced to my phone without it 'crashing out' and leaving a mess.
pretend this is something funny

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 07:48:48 am »

Android has settings for the USB connection.  So does Windows.  I've had to modify both to get things to work. 

File locations may matter on Android.
Pages: [1]   Go Up