INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: converted to linux and now having things saved in /data and \data  (Read 232 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen

Hello All,

I converted my collection from Windows to Linux and I am having a storage problem.  It seems like I properly converted it to Linux.  Everything plays.  For some reason though when I check disk location of any of the media there are 2 directories.  One is stored as /data and the other is stored as \data. All of my import configurations say /data however when they actually get imported it says \data directory.  My playlists are all stored as \data.  Despite these differences they all play with no issue. 

But what is strange is the import \data claims to be growing indefinitely.  When I select that folder it says 14.5tb of media.  But when I select the /data it has 300gb which I think is closer to the amount of storage I am using.  The program file has also grown unstable and massive.  When I try to connect to remotely it has to download a large config file.  Everything is also more sluggish. 

I should say I am using Jrivers version 30.0.95.  I do have the version for 31 however I have not upgraded yet.  I am afraid if I do I won't be able to revert things back if I need too.

Anyone else run into these problems and have any suggestions on how to fix this?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: converted to linux and now having things saved in /data and \data
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 04:34:42 am »

You need to change a file:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,138217.msg958584.html#msg958584
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,117593.msg861056.html#msg861056

If you can, perhaps it's better to restore a backup from before or soon after your migration, then do that change.

icanrule

• World Citizen
Re: converted to linux and now having things saved in /data and \data
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 08:12:14 pm »

Bingo. I think that made all my problems go away. Unfortunately I had to take the database back to July of 2023 when I first converted it. But it is doing everything the way it should be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up