INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backspace Behavior (Standard View)  (Read 216 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Backspace Behavior (Standard View)
« on: February 28, 2024, 05:19:29 pm »

This has bothered me for some time, but just getting around to figuring out what it is that I'm doing that's making my screen jump all over the place. If I'm at a view that is Artist > Album, I type the first letter of an artist: "R". The cursor jumps down to Radiohead. I then hit enter and I moved into the view that shows Radiohead albums. Then I hit backspace and I go back to the Artist view. However, the active selector is moved to the tree on the left. So if I type "R" again, I now see the "Recent Album" view.

Sometimes, I hit backspace, then the right arrow (because I think I'll move to the artist after Radiohead) and hit enter. Because the selector is in the tree and not the main pane where I just executed the prior command of backspace, this then queues up and plays every artist.

I don't think the cursor should jump regions like this when using keyboard commands. I this behavior on both Windows and Mac. Thanks!

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Backspace Behavior (Standard View)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 06:26:12 pm »

I imagine you already know this, but if after clicking the backspace key, you then click anywhere in the content area, then typing a single letter will work/search the current view as it did before. That said, I agree that jumping to a different part of the GUI just because you hit the back button is not intuitive or desirable.  Maybe Matt is already on it?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Backspace Behavior (Standard View)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 06:35:47 pm »

I agree.  I'll try to take care of that for the next build.  Thanks so much.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up