Devices > Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod, Airplay

iPad Mini 2 volume toggle switches both turn volume down

(1/1)

milsdrewbulch:
I just updated JRemote on my old iPad Mini 2 to V3.42 and noticed it claimed volume control by the iPad's volume toggle switches so I tested it. Both of the switched only turn the volume down. Up doesn't work. I'm controlling MC32 Windows 64 on either server or client PCs. The up button works for the first press but thereafter only pulls the volume down.

Add: I found the problem. I'm not an Apple user and don't like their products or dumbed-down market sector at all. The iPad is just for JRemote for visitors unfamiliar with proper Android phones and tablets with JRemote2. It was just one of Apple's LAME system settings which I changed so that the toggle switches control "Volume" rather than "Effects". That said, there is a HEAP of hysteresis in the JRemote GUI volume slider movement when using the toggle switches compared to the Android set-up and it makes operation very haphazard and frustrating.

milsdrewbulch:
The down button has to be pressed repeatedly to move the volume down. A long hold of the down button doesn't work to drag the volume down. The up button works fine albeit with unacceptably high hysteresis in the iPad's GUI slider position. Jremote2 and the physical switches on my Android phone work perfectly with very acceptable delay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version