INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import is skipping some sub-directories  (Read 243 times)

TetraMan

• Recent member
Import is skipping some sub-directories
« on: March 09, 2024, 07:53:58 am »

I have searched the forum for this issue and found something similar only from 2007.

I have a MUSIC directory on NAS.  Under that MUSIC directory are 110 subdirectories named by ARTIST.  Each ARTIST subdirectory has a variable number of subdirectories of ALBUMS with total albums under the MUSIC directory numbering approx 1,200.  The ALBUMS subdirectories contain one or more of either DSD, FLAC, or WAV and may sometimes also include CUE files, and  maybe artwork (jpg or the like).   The total number of audio files is less than 10,000.

My import is configured to import only DSD, FLAC, and WAV.  Upon import of the main MUSIC  directory, MC skips some ARTIST directories completely and consistently.  If I attempt import of the specific ARTIST directory, MC reports nothing new found and imports nothing.  Using MC search shows nothing found for that artist.

An example of a skip directory:  ARTIST subdirectory contains just one ALBUM subdirectory.  That ALBUM subdirectory contains just two (2) files:  1 FLAC and 1 CUE  with all names (ARTIST, ALBUM, CUE, FLAC) all length less than 16 characters.  Characters are standard English keyboard characters.  The file attributes on this FLAC file are identical to those of a successfully-imported FLAC file in another subdirectory.

Yet MC refuses to import.  No error message.  Just won't import.

Clues? Tips?

TetraMan

• Recent member
Re: Import is skipping some sub-directories
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 08:44:03 am »

I ran a test on another PC running older MC30.  Behavior/result was the same... failed to import the select FLAC file.

I then tinkered a bit and made a discovery on this - although I am still confused.

Upon selecting all audio types (not just limiting to DSD, FLAC, and WAV checkboxes), MC does then import the "missing" FLAC files.

The extension of the file is/was truly FLAC, so I do not understand why it (and others) were missed/skip during the configured import.

Anyway... perhaps this may be useful to someone else.

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 07:00:42 pm »

Thanks for the tip.

I encountered the same issue with 32.28 when I tried to import a single directory after deleting it and moving the files to a new location.
All the FLAC files were skipped until I selected ALL file types when I ran import.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

Bob Sorel

• MC Beta Team
  • World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 05:06:31 am »

I am just taking a stab in the dark here, but is it possible that you are trying to exceed the combined pathname/filename limit of 256 characters in Windows?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 05:43:48 am »

What does the [File Type] field say on those imported FLACs ?

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 10:15:45 am »

Mine say flac.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2
Pages: [1]   Go Up