INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver As A Media Server For Audio  (Read 1623 times)

JCB

JRiver As A Media Server For Audio
« on: March 11, 2024, 04:50:22 pm »

I have a new Marantz N30 Player which I would like to communicate with JRiver on my laptop to play music. The manual lists JRiver as compatible but I need to set up JRiver as a "Media Server". How do I go about doing this? I can play music from JRiver on my lap top to the Marantz unit via Coax cable and USB B cable but the manual states I can play native DSD files of 2.8/5.6 MHz by using the server set up which the other two options do not allow for such a high sampling rate. I used the search function but did not see this listed. I'm not computer savy so please spell out the steps. I only use JRiver for listening to music and have tried It's other options but usually have had poor results or no success. I'm retired and from an era that I did not use computers in my work,
so not very knowledgeable in this area of tech.
Thanks in advance for your response.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver As A Media Server For Audio
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 04:57:33 pm »

Read the Media Network topic on the wiki.  You just need to turn on Media Network in MC's options.

Get it working with FLAC or similar before trying DSD.

JCB

Re: JRiver As A Media Server For Audio
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 01:55:02 pm »

Thanks Jim H. for your response.
Tried all listed in the Wiki instructions that you mentioned but no success. Don't know if JRiver is not communicating its presence to the Router or the Marantz unit is not. I can get internet radio on the Marantz so I guess it is comunicating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up