INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android and Default Library  (Read 241 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
JRiver for Android and Default Library
« on: March 14, 2024, 01:40:22 pm »

I am starting to use JRiver for Android on my NVidia Shield.

Is there a way to change the default library to my main library that is on my computer?
If my main library changes, does the library that I manually loaded on the Shield get updated automatically as well or do I have to re-import it?
JRiver on Android looks so clunky.  are there plans to modernize it?

Dave

slerch666

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver for Android and Default Library
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 02:07:48 pm »

I am starting to use JRiver for Android on my NVidia Shield.

Is there a way to change the default library to my main library that is on my computer?

Yes. Setup your main library for sharing in the Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA -> check the box.
Record your access key, configure a library password, and then on the Android TV device, go into the Load Library option in the hamburger menu -> Add Library and follow the prompts for your access code and input your password, then be patient while it takes a while to load the library.

If my main library changes, does the library that I manually loaded on the Shield get updated automatically as well or do I have to re-import it?

If you load the library from the Shield and have the main library PC running, it loads the updated library and keeps itself up to date with changes from the remote library side. No manual sync or anything needed.

JRiver on Android looks so clunky.  are there plans to modernize it?

Dave

JRiver don't seem to be overly fond of working out the particulars for a beautiful, or less dated looking, Android interface. What is here is serviceable, gets the job done, and is quite Spartan. I get how a beautified interface could slow everything down but there has to be a happy medium that makes MC on Android look more modern. But to date the interface has taken back burner to the main app functionality. Maybe when they get it to a point of "we have everything we want good enough, let's work on the nice to haves or on making the good enough to be amazing and not JUST good enough."
[/quote]
Pages: [1]   Go Up