INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: End of playback queue and Stop After, both STOP before After Playback Expression  (Read 160 times)

rbmjr

• World Citizen

It appears that the After Playback Expression is not executed when the playback queue empties or when a Stop After is set. In the attached graphic I did a Stop After while we were getting ready to head out for the evening. When I looked at the playback queue I noticed that the After Playback Expression had not executed. I then noticed the same behavior when the playback queue becomes empty. This only affects that last song being played. I recognize that a just plain STOP playback should NOT trigger the After Playback Expression, however, when MC ends playback gracefully (queue empty, stop after set) the After Playback Expression should execute. Is this application behavior that can be changed?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Tested quickly plain "stop after current file" and my play history was updated. Playing now is not set to automatically cleared. So maybe it only occurs when queue is set to be cleared?

rbmjr

• World Citizen

I will investigate further. Could be IsPlaying() My recollection is that w/o IsPlaying() the After Playback Expression was putting the values into the next song in the queue.

rbmjr

• World Citizen

Please explain why this is happening. See graphic. Here is the sequence of events

1) select music & start playback
2) dinner not quite ready, listen to music, check my inbox etc.
3) After Playback Expression working just fine
4) move to the table for dinner
5) laptop senses inactivity and turns monitor off
6) After Playback Expression stops working
7) dinners over tap laptop to resume whatever
8) notice that the After Playback Expression has not executed for several songs
9) While I am watching the queue the After Playback Expression starts working again

It seems to me that there is something about when the After Playback Expression executes that is affected by any number of MC events. Can you help provide Insite about what is going on?
Pages: [1]   Go Up