INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple artists  (Read 307 times)

GuitRdone

• Junior Woodchuck
Multiple artists
« on: March 25, 2024, 09:40:24 am »

It seems that MC arbitrarily decides what it will place in the (multiple artists) folder. Though I have spent the time to make sure that the artist names are correct when I sample collections like Time-Life Classic Rock 1967, none of the artists show up in my artist listing if MC considers the album "multiple artists". Is there any way to correct this? Thanks!
HT#1: Sony STR-DA5400ES, Polk RTi 7.1 speakers
HT#2: MC30, Frankenstein PC, Sony STR-DA5800ES, Polk RTi 3.1 speakers (bi-amped A9 mains)
Id: Original 120GB SSD NUC
Mobile: HIFI Walker H2 and H2 Touch

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Multiple artists
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 10:51:13 am »

I did a search on "multiple artists folder" and found this from Matt (JRiver).

"Albums will appear as "(Multiple Artists)" when the files are in the same folder (and other albums aren't in the folder), the track have differing artist values, and the track numbers are sequential starting at 1.

You can always edit the Album Artist field, and it will override the automatic "(Multiple Artists)" text."

GuitRdone

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 01:12:37 pm »

Hi Badger-

Thanks for your help again! I've attached a screen shot from MC that shows one of these multiple artist albums. The artist fields were edited or they came up properly from the MC search prior to sampling, Let me know if this is the field you were referring to. But none of these artists are listed in my artist listing unless there is another album that MC has not classified as MA. So it would appear that the artists have been correctly input to MC all along. Let me know if I've missed something.

Thanks, Brian  :)
HT#2: MC30, Frankenstein PC, Sony STR-DA5800ES, Polk RTi 3.1 speakers (bi-amped A9 mains)

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 01:36:58 pm »

The Audio > Artists view groups files by "Album Artist (Auto)", not by Artist. You need to modify it or create another view to group by [Artist].

GuitRdone

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 06:43:23 pm »

Thank you, Zybex! I now have a listing of albums by artist, really.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up