INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Randomly stops after playing a few tracks. Says its buffering for ages.  (Read 286 times)

baldo

• World Citizen

I have been having a few issues with MC on my laptop. Tracks play and then at some point in a track MC just stops working. It says its buffering but nothing happens.

This has happened on some very long playlists that I use and its the first time it has has started to happen in years and years of using MC. Even for very long playlists running into 14 hours or so I never had these issues.

Is it my library or the installation of MC. Do I need to uninstall MC and then re-install it?

Many thanks

baldo

• World Citizen

So this happened again after trying to play an album. After about 30mins of playing it just froze on one track.  When I click on MC it just has the track highlighted but no sound coming out.
I get an error saying that MC is not responding and I can either wait or shut down. Waiting does nothing for ages so I just shut it down and start again.

Upon restarting, I can play the track all the way through no problem... until it stops again....

This has happened on the same album so I will try another album to see what happens with that.

Hope that helps.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

What are you playing to?  What types of files?

baldo

• World Citizen

FLAC files.

All my audio are Flac with a few Itunes and even fewer MP3.

baldo

• World Citizen

What do you mean by "What am I playing to?"  I play my MC files using JRiver on my laptop.  The output is selected as the hardware Foscusrite USB DAC, which shows up as an audio device in JRiver.

Hope that helps.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try a different USB port.

What type of files?  Does it matter?
Pages: [1]   Go Up