INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to Split Audio/Video via DLNA or Zones  (Read 302 times)

booville

• Recent member
Trying to Split Audio/Video via DLNA or Zones
« on: March 26, 2024, 07:06:54 pm »

Pretty simple what I'm trying to do.

DAC Connected via usb to computer.  DAC to monoblocks. Monoblocks to speakers. No problem.
Computer JRiver DLNA (Server or Renderer) connected to LG DLNA from JRiver to LG DLNA or from from LG to JRiver DLNA.

I'm trying to do the following.

Play music and have the audio routed to the computer's USB and the video/images/thumbnails routed to the LG so artwork appears on the TV.

The only workaround I've found is linking zones but the audio sync is way off.

Either I'm doing something wrong or this is not possible to do. (Read somewhere a long time ago about making a "zone a device" or "DLNA as a device" but nothing works.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Trying to Split Audio/Video via DLNA or Zones
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 03:00:00 am »

Playing twice (once locally and once via dlna) then trying to sync them sounds v unreliable to me. Can you connect the video output of the computer to the TV instead and just use theatre view?

booville

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 01:25:32 pm »

Yes, if I want to run an external hdmi up the wall, which I don't want to do because everything is run behind the wall. The computer hdmi out is open and available but I don't want to run a wire.
This shouldn't be that hard.
Computer audio to computer USB. Video/thumbnails from "playing now" appear wirelessly on LG oled.

LG has a dlna server and of course JRiver, and I can't figure this out.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 02:22:42 pm »

My feeling is it just won't work. A quick search suggests attempting to sync dlna zones also doesn't work reliably so I think your only real choice is using the TV as a display. Mind you my experience of the combination of lg dlna and jriver alone is quite bad, it's flaky in itself let alone trying to sync with a normal zone. How about hdmi over ethernet? I think 1080p baluns should be pretty cheap these days though lg only have 100Mbit Lan ports iirc so that might be a fail also unless you have an avr nearby?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 05:56:51 pm »

There is a checkbox under Options/General/Features for Precision Zone Sync.

Maybe tick that box to enable it and see what that does. I have no idea if it will address your issue, or even what it's for to begin with, but at least the feature's name suggests it has potential to solve your issue  ;D.  I cannot find anything in the wiki about it, but maybe mattkhan or other forum user knows what that setting does?

booville

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 09:47:27 pm »

I tried that but it didn't work.

Bottom line...audio to USB and video to dlna doesn't seem to be workable with JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up