INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SmartList Creation Question  (Read 200 times)

margolbe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
SmartList Creation Question
« on: March 27, 2024, 03:08:21 pm »

I am trying to create a smartlist that mimics an upcoming box settle by Simon Rattle.  I have almost all the individual albums on the box set, but I want to create a smartlist that will recreate this box.  I plan to use this as a template to mimic other box sets that I don't have, even though I have the individual albums.  For the Simon Rattle Complete Warner Berlin Box Set, it would need to incorporate the following:

Album Artist: Simon Rattle

Artist: Berlin Philharmonic or Berlin Philharmoniker or Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra

Label: Warner Classics or EMI Classics.

Any advise on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Bruce

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: SmartList Creation Question
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 03:41:34 pm »

Why not create a normal playlist and just drag&drop the files/albums you want?

For a Smartlist, just add those items as rules, selecting all the values you want:
Album Artist      is        Simon Rattle
Artist            is Any    Berlin Philharmonic, Berlin Philharmoniker, Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
Label             is Any    Warner Classics, EMI Classics

Then add a Sort order, perhaps by Album > Disc# > Track#

margolbe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 05:05:13 pm »

Thanks,

Tried your smartlist code suggestion and it worked.  However, for label, after choosing "is An" for Artist, did not give me another is Any choice.  However, for the "is" choice, I was able to check the two labels of interest.  All works well.  Thanks.

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 05:30:22 pm »

One feature I've asked for before... is for "virtual albums"... yes we can do that with playlists... but that involves a different user process for playback of actual albums and virtual albums.

Imagine creating a virtual album that shows up just like a regular album in the panes and can be selected for PlayingNow the same as any normal album.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 07:36:15 pm »

Alternatively by making use of the "Conductor" and "Orchestra" Fields/Tags the smartlist rules become

Conductor      is any       Simon Rattle
Orchestra       is             Berlin Philharmonic; Berlin Philharmoniker; Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
Label             is             Warner Classics; EMI Classics

I don't have any classical music works where Simon Rattle is conducting so I used Claudio Abbado in the attached example

Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up