INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server stopped working on port 52199 [Solved]  (Read 271 times)

altae

• Recent member
Server stopped working on port 52199 [Solved]
« on: March 27, 2024, 06:50:41 pm »

I use the built-in server of MC 32 mostly to remote control MC from a web browser or the Gizmo Android app from within my LAN. So far with MC 32 and its predecessors, this had always worked using the standard port 52199. But all of a sudden the server has stopped working on this port. Changing the port to 42199 has fixed the issue but I really would like to understand what's going on.

I'm on Windows 11 and the firewall is open to any incoming traffic originating from my LAN to MC 32 (meaning any port should be usable). I also checked if the port 52199 is occupied by another program using CurrPorts but this is not the case, no other program is using port 52199.

Edit: I just realized that only the Library Server and the SSDP server are working. The DLNA server is still not functional. I bet it's also because of the port since it runs on 52198. Is there a way to change that port?

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Server stopped working on port 52199
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 08:37:12 pm »

If you have not already done it, then I suggest shut down your MC server PC, power cycle your router, and then restart your MC server PC.  As a further test, if necessary, also power off other network devices.

My Library Server port is set in Options > Media Network > Advanced > TCP Port: 52199.
Two lines down, under "Additional Share Paths", try selecting all three DLNA boxes.

Set Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers... > DLNA Servers > Generic DLNA

Then check that the same port (52199) is reported as being used in Tree > Services & Plug-ins > Media Network > Server > {your server name} (Library Server).

The 5 LAN Ports used by MC servers are listed and can all be checked per server per the drop down selection box in the same way (which you probably know already).  With those three DLNA boxes selected, you should see 5 servers running, each on its own LAN Port.

I don't know how to set the other four LAN Port values - MC's listed values just show up as long as they are available through the firewall (note router port forwarding is not necessary for local network).

If you are using a dual band wi-fi router, is your MC PC server connected on the same band (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) that you normally used in the past?  I don't think the band should affect the LAN Port selection, but I have seen connectivity difficulties in the past when some devices were on different bands.

altae

• Recent member
Re: Server stopped working on port 52199
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 08:30:40 am »

Hm, now it works again. All I did was restarting my PC. That's strange because yesterday I tried restarting the PC several times and it did not help. Well guess I should be glad that it works again. I will monitor the situation and report back if the problem occurs again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up