INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Conversion from mp4 ?  (Read 2253 times)

deepspace56

• Recent member
  • Using MC-22 for Audio
Video Conversion from mp4 ?
« on: March 28, 2024, 01:34:42 pm »

Hello,  I'm really limited in my IT skilss, so my apologies if this question is ebyond dumb.  I've been starting a project to download the movies on my DVR (Set Top Box).  I'm afraid if I need to upgrade the box or the remote, I've been told I'll lose all the DVRd movies (over 100).

- I'm using a Cloner Alliance HD Pro, which makes mp4 files in either H.264 of H.265.  I've been using the H.265
- I've been importing these into JR-MC so that they can be part of my video library and storing them on an external 2 TB hard drive
- Typically, when I want to watch the movie on TV, I would just plug the hard drive into my OPPO DVD and they would play.  Well, those that I ripped from DVDs will play (TS format), but the new mp4 files are not supported and I don't want to drag the laptop into the TV/Audio setup, if I can avoid it.
- Should I be converting these mp4 files to a format that will play on the Oppo?  If so, which format?
- Can I do this with JR-MC or do I need to use a separate video converter?  Again, suggestions for best conveter etc welcom.

I hope this makes sense.  I'm grateful for your help and suggesitons.

deepspace56

• Recent member
  • Using MC-22 for Audio
Re: Video Conversion from mp4 ?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 08:37:41 am »

I've since found the conversion capability through tools>advanced tools>convert, and I've begun converting thee files to "MPEG2-TS 720p-NTSC".  This format will play directly from the external drive through the Oppo DVD player.  My initial mistake with the Cloner was using H.265 (produces smaller files) instead of H.264 where the files are compatible with DVD playback. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up