INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display Track Info Problem  (Read 257 times)

musika

Display Track Info Problem
« on: April 05, 2024, 07:56:44 am »

Everything about displaying cover track info on my MacBook Pro Retina has never worked for me. I know the Windows version and know how it could be. Since some versions it is possible to detach the display. But then it stays fixed in a very small window in the middle of the desktop and I can't change the size of the display window or its position. Will there be a solution for this?

roller

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Display Track Info Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 08:42:18 am »

Hi everybody,
I have the same problem. It has never worked before. I have been using MC on the Mac since version 21...
I'll attach a screenshot here. Maybe there is a solution? Perhaps someone has got the TrackInfo window to work and can briefly describe how he did it?

crashjtm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 10:27:59 am »

I also have problems with the display view.  I only started using track info a year or so ago so I don't know how long it's been this way but I have attached a couple of screenshots:
  • Display over Panes - I have two tabs open.  Player tab looks great but when I click on my panes tab, the display stays on top making the view unusable. Opening a new tab also exhibits the same behavior.
  • Detached Display - similar to previous poster - once detatched, I am unable to resize or move the display view at all. At the moment it is stuck almost full screen though other times I have seen it as a tiny window.

Please let me know if I can provide any information that might help

Thank you.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 11:25:41 am »

Because the MacOS API doesn't have the concept of a root window it doesn't really work as it should and should probably be removed.

It does have some utility as a video viewer that can be moved around and resized currently. Though you don't see the normal frame you actually can resize and move the detached window.

crashjtm

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 05:49:23 pm »

I knew I had read something about why this was.  Thanks for reminding me.

It may not work as well as we would like but I do like having it for the track info and such.
Pages: [1]   Go Up