INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need To Convert 24bit 96K to 24bit 48K  (Read 303 times)

holsen

• Recent member
Need To Convert 24bit 96K to 24bit 48K
« on: April 16, 2024, 08:17:45 pm »

I've got a Sonos system and is well known, it only supports upto 24bit 48K,
Using JR i've been able to convert my HiRes files to 24bit and 16bit but I haven't found a way to conver the sample rates to 48K
Is there a way?  Would really appreciate your insights and solutions as I've got a bunch of albums I want to play on Sonos.
Thanks

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Need To Convert 24bit 96K to 24bit 48K
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 05:10:20 pm »

To convert a 96kHz flac to a 48kHz flac:
First select file(s) then use Tools>Library Tools>Convert format.
Select flac encoder and then in Options>Audio select 'Apply DSP' then select 'DSP settings'.
In DSP settings select 'Output format' and left click on 'Sample Rate Input 96,000 Hz' and set Output to 48,000 Hz.
Close DSP and Options.
You can then save these settings as a preset for future use using the 'Preset' option so next time you can just go to 'Preset' and load your saved preset for file conversion.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

holsen

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 12:09:46 pm »

BINGO
Thank You.  I just didn't see that the DSP Inputs and Outputs were pull down menus.
Everything playing fine!
I appreciate you taking the time to answer!

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 04:11:47 pm »

If you are using DLNA to play your files on Sonos, you should be able to use DSP Studio to change the sample rate on the fly for just that zone/server. That way you do not need 2 files at different sample rates. I am not near my Sonos system so I cannot verify this, but it should work.

EDIT : Just tried it and it did the conversion fine with the Sonos Device associated with the Generic DLNA Server with all outputs set to 44.1 Khz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up