INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compare values in 2 different fields  (Read 133 times)

Mirlynn

• Recent member
Compare values in 2 different fields
« on: May 13, 2024, 09:08:12 pm »

I would like to compare the values in InitialKey with those in the Grouping fields. Ideally I would like to find where the values do not match. I have looked at expressions but I don't know how I would go about doing a comparison between 2 fields and potentially updating one field or the other (ie update initialkey with the value in grouping or vice versa).

Any thoughts or direction on how to approach this would be tremendously appreciated.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Compare values in 2 different fields
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 06:03:53 am »

Can you give some examples of the content of those fields and what you would like the final result to be?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Compare values in 2 different fields
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 09:09:08 am »

Perhaps not as elegant as an expression, but this is an approach I use a fair amount when I want to compare to values, and it works quite well.

Activate a view where all files are shown in a detailed list. Add columns for Initial Key and Grouping, then click on either of the column headers to sort by that field. You can then easily see which fields do not match in the unsorted column. You can use search wizard to set various rules/modifiers to further limit the number of files shown (e.g., a rule to exclude files with empty values for either of those fields).
Pages: [1]   Go Up