INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Split View For Playlist and Amazon Music  (Read 110 times)

donlboy

• World Citizen
Split View For Playlist and Amazon Music
« on: May 16, 2024, 04:49:31 pm »

I have an event that uses a Media Center playlist and an Amazon Music Unlimited playlist. It requires changing back and forth between the two sources. I have just switched between the two tabs in the past but thought split screen would be a bit handier. I have tried to use View/Split Screen/Show 2 Views but all I can get on the second (right hand) view is the Media Center Start screen. I have not been able to get both my playlist (or Playing Now) and Amazon Music up at the same time. If this is possible I would really appreciate if someone can take me through the steps.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
Re: Split View For Playlist and Amazon Music
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 07:17:54 pm »

Make sure the right split is "active" by clicking in its main content area. Then select a view from the tree on left, which will create a new tab for the selected tree item in the right (active) view.

To demonstrate both sides playing simultaneously, I have my music library playing on the left, and the TV Show Dead Ringers on the right.  You can tell which view is active/inactive by the color of the tab bar (the inactive tab bar is typically a "washed out" background color, but that appearance varies and depends on the particular skin being used).

In the attached picture, you can see I have a bunch of podcast tabs (which are also locked) - the TV show is in the "new" and unlocked tab (my lock symbol is just a dot).  Podcasts is what I personally use for the right-hand split.

Hope that helps.

donlboy

• World Citizen
Re: Split View For Playlist and Amazon Music
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 11:40:22 am »

Thanks! I thought I had made sure the focus was on the right tab but apparently not:<(  Works just fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up