INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony HTR-DN1080 and gapless playback over DLNA  (Read 412 times)

Alex_W

• Recent member
Sony HTR-DN1080 and gapless playback over DLNA
« on: May 23, 2024, 12:23:47 am »

Hi all... I am totally lost. Help.

'subj' -- I was sure of it -- worked for me just fine in the past... but now I am not even sure.

so, today we sat down to listen to a truly gapless piece (Mahler's 8) in FLAC 96KHz/24bit -- and I could not for the life of me figure out how to make the renderer play without gaps. Digging the interwebs reliably pulls out "DLNA doesn't support gapless" (yes it does, see below); and "Sony HTR-DN1080 doesn't support gapless over DLNA" (well... WhiteBear's tool says "gapless supported").

setup: JRiver MC is on a virtual Linux box; media library is on the host; controlling either via RemoteViewer to the virtual machine, or via a JRiverMC client on a separate PC. no funky settings in the DLNA server, everything plays just fine -- JUST NOT GAPLESS!

decided to test if it was the server's fault and sent the playback to the TEAC505 -- plays gapless no problem.

I thought my Sony played gapless over DLNA in the past, but for the life of me can't remember what exactly I was listening to then...

Any suggestions re: direction of digging is greatly appreciated.

cheers

alex

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: Sony HTR-DN1080 and gapless playback over DLNA
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 07:23:59 pm »

Under DLNA Controller Options for this renderer (right click menu), is "Disable SetNext Support" checked?

If it is uncheck it and try again.

Alex_W

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 10:50:05 pm »

Under DLNA Controller Options for this renderer (right click menu), is "Disable SetNext Support" checked?

If it is uncheck it and try again.

tried both. same.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2024, 10:15:05 am »

I tried a Sony 1080 several years ago and my experience was it does not support gapless playback, so I returned it, and purchased something else.
On the plus side it is one of the very few AVRs that supports multichannel flac and DSD over DLNA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up