INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo won't play to server  (Read 117 times)

joetiii

• World Citizen
Gizmo won't play to server
« on: June 29, 2024, 08:26:48 am »

Have used Gizmo successfully for years to control Media Center both on my NAS and on my Laptop. I have moved recently and now, Gizmo will not play to my server (laptop in this case, as I have yet to setup my NAS). I can log onto the server and play to my phone, but when I click on "Play to" in order to change to, I then select the laptop with correct access key, Gizmo appears to logon but I do not see "Server" in the play to section of Gizmo.

I have deactivated DLNA in MC32 and reactivated it, and same access key is used. I have tried inputting a new server with the same access key, but still, I can only play to my device and not the laptop. I CAN play from my laptop using my keyboard but Gizmo will not show whats playing.

I have reinstalled Gizmo and same access keys appear in Gizmo so I am at a loss as to how to control my laptop. Its gotta be simple but I dont know what to do next. HELP!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo won't play to server
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 08:41:36 am »

Do you have more than one version of MC installed, and are you connecting to the right one?

Firewalls and antivirus can do unexpected things.

Try Panel, just as a test.

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 09:19:42 am »

Do you have more than one version of MC installed, and are you connecting to the right one?

Firewalls and antivirus can do unexpected things.

Try Panel, just as a test.

I upgraded from MC28 and that version uses the same access key, but I have disabled DLNA on 28 and do not have media server running. Interestingly, I reinstalled MC32 and before I restored the library and settings, I enabled DLNA which generated a new access key. I was able to connect via Gizmo and play to server under that access key, but when I resotred my backup with settings the old access key is all that shows and I can not play to server under that key.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2024, 09:51:57 am »

Are all 3 parts of DLNA turned on in Media Network options?

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2024, 06:13:14 pm »

jim,

whats the third part?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2024, 11:43:56 pm »