INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request when de-selecting a column in Panes view  (Read 422 times)

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Feature request when de-selecting a column in Panes view
« on: August 04, 2024, 02:21:35 pm »

Hello,

I'm currently on MC 32.  Please consider the following a feature request for the upcoming Version 33 ...

Presently, in a Panes view with multiple columns (e.g., Conductor, Orchestra, Artist), if one has made a selection in a column and then subsequently right-click to clear that selection, it seems as though all columns "reset" themselves back to their top position.  Would it instead be possible to leave the selection cursor where it was in that column, even after de-selection?

I do have "Filter in both directions" enabled, which seems to affect that behavior.  So, perhaps the request is whether the dual-direction filtering in a Panes view can avoid perturbing the current position of a de-selected column?

Thanks!
  Matt

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature request when de-selecting a column in Panes view
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2024, 02:23:21 pm »

I do have "Filter in both directions" enabled, which seems to affect that behavior.

I should have tested a bit more before hitting "Post".  The same behavior exists even with "Filter in both directions" disabled -- the column being de-selected resets itself back to the top-most entry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up