INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control4 Halo Touch remote control HTPC  (Read 365 times)

ndgame

• Recent member
Control4 Halo Touch remote control HTPC
« on: August 12, 2024, 09:18:04 am »

I know this may be a shot in the dark but I wanted to ask if anyone is using a Control4 remote to control JRiver when HT mode is enabled?   I have always done this with my Harmony but over the past few months I have been setting up Control4 for the theater and didn't think about controlling my HTPC while watching a movie.   

Thanks

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Control4 Halo Touch remote control HTPC
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2024, 12:19:26 pm »

At £882 GBP, I'd be surprised if you get a lot of response here. I'm sorry, but my jaw hit the desk when I saw the price!

I paid £140 GBP for two harmony smart controls ten years ago or so, and they're still going strong here. Such a good product, shame Logitech decided to shut it all down :(

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2024, 01:52:40 pm »

At £882 GBP, I'd be surprised if you get a lot of response here. I'm sorry, but my jaw hit the desk when I saw the price!

I paid £140 GBP for two harmony smart controls ten years ago or so, and they're still going strong here. Such a good product, shame Logitech decided to shut it all down :(

Yeah...
I'm using an equally ancient Phillips Prestigo with resistive touchscreen, which whilst battered is still going strong.

On topic:
https://tig.github.io/mcec/

You can probably also set it to emulate a standard Windows MCE remote, which JRiver will use.

eve

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2024, 05:21:38 pm »

I know this may be a shot in the dark but I wanted to ask if anyone is using a Control4 remote to control JRiver when HT mode is enabled?   I have always done this with my Harmony but over the past few months I have been setting up Control4 for the theater and didn't think about controlling my HTPC while watching a movie.   

Thanks

The Halo is nice. On the Harmony, how were you communicating with JRiver? Like were you sending IR and picking that up with the HTPC?
Pages: [1]   Go Up