INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver app On Nvidia Shield Pro TV not finding my NAS  (Read 485 times)

Ron260

JRiver app On Nvidia Shield Pro TV not finding my NAS
« on: August 29, 2024, 03:19:33 am »

I'll say from the start that this issue is not uncommon among many consumer electronic devices.

I just bought a Nvidia Shield Pro TV (latest model) and I have an Asustor AS5402T NAS running a Quad-Core 10 nm Intel Celeron N5105 CPU, with 16gs of RAM. It's (the Asustor) connected to my network via gigabit ethernet. It should be more than capable of running my JRiver music files. However, when I attempt to add the Asustor NAS web address for it to find the NAS it will always come back with "Failed To load Library" Any help in fixing this would be appreciated. Right now, the only service that works and doesn't have such locked-down servers is Plex, Roon however is a total disaster. Roon, if you never attempt to move the server is top notch, but that server issue that hasn't been resolved is a deal breaker for me. I went to move my Roon server to the Asustor and it now hasn't worked in weeks because the snowflake of a server has to be gently caressed as it's being transferred and monitored using a specific app. If you need to move the server at any point in your life, there's a 60-40 chance that you will never be able to connect to your server again, and Roon keeps your money to boot. All the same goes for Audirvana

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver app On Nvidia Shield Pro TV not finding my NAS
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2024, 07:24:02 am »

If the NAS is visible on the LAN, you should be able to import files from it.  Import is in Settings of JRiver for Android.

Where are you entering the IP address?

Ron260

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2024, 04:27:37 pm »

Thanks for your reply, it's very much appreciated. When I go to import on the JRiver app on Nvidia the Asustor doesn't show up, however, it does show when I use Plex and when I was using Roon. The issue with Roon was it did find the Asustor NAS it just wasn't finding the Roon server file on it after I moved it to the Asustor.

So I'm perplexed. It must be a setting I'm missing but the JRiver app on Nvidia doesn't provide many setting options or customizations.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again, Ron S -

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2024, 11:14:21 am »

I haven't played with my Nvidia shield for a while but I'm wondering if you have mapped the NAS as a network share on the Shield itself. If you haven't it might be worth a shot; another option is to use Gizmo as a client on the Shield to pull from your MC library (assuming that you have another pc acting as a library server).
Pages: [1]   Go Up