INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Tools :(  (Read 659 times)

nila

Missing Tools :(
« on: February 02, 2003, 03:53:20 pm »

I am sorting out a ton of my mp3's that I recovered from a hard drive mess up. I've found myself having to resort to a few programs other than MJ to do this which always distresses me. I want to be able to do it all from MJ :)

1. Wanted to check the files to see if any were messed up. Had to resort to mp3-utility.

(Didn't necessarily need a definitive 100% answer, just a rough informed guess is enough for me to then known which albums to listen to to check manually) I also like to see which encoder was used to create the album - if it's Xing it sucks - if it's lame I have faith :).

2. Then wanted to re-name the files from properties (due to the bug already mentioned where it's actually writing [Track #] I had to use another tool - turned to Helium2.

I also wanted to EASILY create .m3u playlists for each album as I renamed and checked them inside of the dir - MJ cant do this at all easily. Export to playlist is a STANDARD tool for most jukeboxes :(

Also found a GREAT feature from mp3 tag studio.
In the right click explorer integration it has these:
1. Explore from here in mp3 tag studio
2. Rename files to format: (gives options for each of the file formats we have saved <- another feature MJ is lacking)
3. Retag assume format: blah (options again <- MJ could win here by detecting the number of seperators (-) and then giving suggested formats matching the number of parts (ie if 3 -'s are detected then assume 4 properties make up the filename)
4. Clean file properties

These are all AMAZINGLY useful features to be able to access directly from explorer.

3. Then I wanted the cover art for the albums - HERE MJ won hands down with the only flaw being it's inability to save the cover art to the Album directory and it saving it to the MJ data dir.
Pages: [1]   Go Up