INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver with Ravenna ASIO  (Read 392 times)

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver with Ravenna ASIO
« on: August 30, 2024, 03:00:57 pm »

I am reviving an old query in the hope that something might have changed in JRiver since 2019.

"After some more tests seems like the real issue is the Open Live feature when using ASIO. Our driver is not multi-client, and it seems this feature may be trying to load more than one instance of the driver (that’s probably why see the following in the Open Live window : "You will likely need to use a different device for audio output than you are using for input"). I really cannot say for sure, maybe a question for the JRiver developers.

Do you have any information about this that can help in remedy the situation? Should it not be possible to use the Open Live functionality with the same ASIO soundcard?"

I am expecting an Arvus Atmos decoder with AES67 which I want to input via their updated Merging ASIO Driver (MAD) into the latest version of JRiver while also sending it the output from JRiver via MAD to a Merging Hapi DAC.

I have also sent this same inquiry to Merging today.

Kal
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver with Ravenna ASIO
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2024, 03:27:51 pm »

I don't believe it has changed, same issue is present so need to use 32bit jriver and the Steinberg multiclient as a workaround (if that even still works)

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2024, 04:37:57 pm »

:(

Let's see what Merging has to say as the referred to post was in the era of ""Merging RAVENNA ASIO Driver" which was last updated in 2021.  Today, we are using "Merging Audio Device", last updated on 27.06.2024.  The description says that it "replaces the current RAVENNA/AES67 ASIO Driver and provides you with more flexibility in your workflows."

I hope so.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"

gjto

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2024, 06:28:12 am »

So JRiver MC isn't compatible with the Ravenna/AES67 driver?  I'm planning on switching over from USB to AES67 on my windows PC (and Neumann MT48) in the near future.

I am reviving an old query in the hope that something might have changed in JRiver since 2019.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2024, 06:49:40 am »

So JRiver MC isn't compatible with the Ravenna/AES67 driver?  I'm planning on switching over from USB to AES67 on my windows PC (and Neumann MT48) in the near future.
This is specifically about using open live (ie accepting an input from that device) at the same time as playing back to the device.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2024, 07:00:20 am »

This is specifically about

Actually, it is about using open live (ie accepting an input from that device) at the same time as playing back to a different device.  It has been said that this requires opening 2 instances of the Merging ASIO driver which crashes JRiver.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2024, 07:41:44 am »

It seems like quite a big gap in their driver then

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2024, 08:54:49 am »

It seems like quite a big gap in their driver then
Yup and, frankly, I do not believe it is a problem at all. All the comments I can find on the web are based on the old "Merging RAVENNA ASIO Driver" (for Windows 7,10) and not on the new "Merging Audio Device (MAD) Driver" (for Windows 10,11).  The latter supports complex bidirectional interconnections via AES67, WDM and bridging, so I am fairly confident that it will support bidirectional I/O from JRiver. 

Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Pages: [1]   Go Up