INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver + Hegel H600  (Read 415 times)

Peacekey

JRiver + Hegel H600
« on: August 30, 2024, 10:08:39 pm »

Hi folks,

I just dropped the hammer on a Hegel H600 as a replacement to my aging Exposure Amp and Chord DAC combo.  I had a unit on demo for a weekend and it worked great as a network player under my JRiver box - An aging NUC that hosts my FLAC archive.  The only limitation I encountered was it could not play some Super Audio CD .ISO's I have, at least not over the LAN.  I Believe it can access via USB which I will test when my new toy lands in a week or so.

I know the box is designed to work well with streaming services such as Tidal , Qubuz and the like and it does - Its truly great in terms of plug, play and stream away, however I want to ensure I can optimise playback of my local FLAC archive in additions to any streaming services.

I would welcome any input / comment from any JRiver users who are running JRiver as there media player with the Hegel series of streamer / Integrated Amps and specifically with regards to local content, both via LAN or as my old system was USB into DAC into Amp etc.

Cheers

Mike

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver + Hegel H600
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 01:57:59 pm »

AFAIK it is not possible to stream ISO images over LAN.
But looking at the spec's of your new amp, it says it accepts DSF and DFF files over LAN.
So you could extract DSF files from your SACD ISOs using a program like ISO2DSD.
This would preserve the original DSD as it is a simple extraction not a conversion.
These could then be used with JRiver to stream to your amp using DLNA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up