INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo Android phone can no longer connect to MC (28.0.110)  (Read 58 times)

sikm44

I've used it for years to connect to my Android phone: always worked like a charm.
Yesterday - and today - the phone can no longer connect to the server and I can't work out why.

I've uninstalled GIZMO then reinstalled it and no change. I've also deleted and reloaded Media Center on the PC, again no change.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo Android phone can no longer connect to MC (28.0.110)
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:50:43 am »

What changed? 

On the server, MC has a test function under Media Network settings.  That will probably show that the server can't be reached from the Internet.

If that's the case, a firewall could be blocking access.  Or the router is no longer forwarding packets to the right machine.  See Network Access on the wiki.

sikm44

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:28:04 am »

Nothing changed....and I mean nothing, from one day to the next. Maybe a Windows11 update? No just checked. last one 9 days ago.
The test function does say that but then it always has, I'm only playing music in the next room.
No biggie, I've got an alternative.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:33:07 am »

Turn Media Network off and back on.  That generates a new Access Key.  Wait a few minutes, then connect with the Access Key.

Security software on the server can block access.
Pages: [1]   Go Up