INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete Library View?  (Read 512 times)

MrEWhite

• Junior Woodchuck
Delete Library View?
« on: September 22, 2024, 12:43:54 pm »

I accidentally made a new Library View and I cannot find any way to delete it. It's not under Load / Save view, so how would I delete this?

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
Re: Delete Library View?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2024, 03:22:26 pm »

Can't you just right click on it and choose "Delete"?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2024, 06:51:28 pm »

Can't you just right click on it and choose "Delete"?
That, and simply pressing delete on your keyboard also works.

MrEWhite

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2024, 03:20:47 pm »

Neither of the above suggestions do anything. Right clicking on the view just loads it, and pressing delete does nothing. This view was made when modifying the "Artists" view by the way, and it asked me to make a new view as to not modify the original one.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2024, 04:49:08 pm »

Both methods suggested are definitely proper methods for deleting a view. That the view you want to delete was created from the original artist view is not relevant.  A view is a view and all can be deleted.  What cannot be deleted are the top level tree items such as Playing Now, Audio, Images, Video, etc.

I presume you have rebooted at some point to see if that resolves the issue?  Sometimes when MC starts to behave erratically, a reboot, or at a minimum a full MC restart (which includes MC server and/or other external servers you might be running) is necessary to resolve said behavior.  So I highly recommend you reboot if you have not.

A quick experiment would be to right-click on any view, not just the one you want to delete, and see if it behaves exactly the same. If right clicking does not bring up a context menu for any view, that is problematic all by itself and suggests something else is at play.  A right-click should display the menu below.

MrEWhite

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2024, 12:05:28 am »

Both methods suggested are definitely proper methods for deleting a view. That the view you want to delete was created from the original artist view is not relevant.  A view is a view and all can be deleted.  What cannot be deleted are the top level tree items such as Playing Now, Audio, Images, Video, etc.

I presume you have rebooted at some point to see if that resolves the issue?  Sometimes when MC starts to behave erratically, a reboot, or at a minimum a full MC restart (which includes MC server and/or other external servers you might be running) is necessary to resolve said behavior.  So I highly recommend you reboot if you have not.

A quick experiment would be to right-click on any view, not just the one you want to delete, and see if it behaves exactly the same. If right clicking does not bring up a context menu for any view, that is problematic all by itself and suggests something else is at play.  A right-click should display the menu below.
Ah, I was doing it in the wrong menu. Got it, thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up