INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD Play will not function  (Read 63 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
DVD Play will not function
« on: October 19, 2024, 11:34:16 pm »

After many years between drinks - I cant get MC to play DVDs. Obviously I do not use this function often. I only have a handful of Music DVDs that I would consider adding. My existing DVD in the library I must have ripped / loaded maybe 8 years ago just to test them out really. They are only 2 movies and one music DVD. I can play audio and CD's perfectly fine. In the old days I had digital audio out via COAX to a Yamaha TSS-15 system that decoded DTS and Dolby Digital. Now I have move to a simple USB DAC as per comments below for 2.1 sound that does not decode digital audio - but all DVD carry a simple PCM audio track also right - not just surround encoded? I am constantly getting 'playback cannot be started on selected audio output'.

One stored DVD is a VIDEO_TS.dvd file, the other is an .ISO file they used to play fine. However even the one I am trying to rip; "Eagles - When Hell Freezes Over" will not play from the device disk drive in MC. I get exactly the same message. Am I running Win10 22H2 - am I missing some Windows codec or something. Any troubleshooting tips people can give me. As mention audio tracks play fine. I have tried to select DirectSound drivers and WASAPI drivers and whatever else I can find in the device menu?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 24 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound = 1/ Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 Speaker System, 2/ SMSL SU-1 DAC + TA-66 Tube Headphone Amp + Klipsch ProMedia Heritage 2.1 Speakers | HiFi Sound = 1/ Network DLNA to WiiM Ultra Streamer + Advaned Paris A10 Amp in Music Room, 2/ DLNA to Yamaha RX-V777 AV Receiver in Living Room & Outside Deck, 3/ DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVD Play will not function
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:54:13 am »

Check Tools>Options>Audio>DSP & output format>Output Format>Channels
From the info you've given 'Channels' should be set to 2.1 (select from drop down list)
DVDs generally default to multi-channel playback even if additional stereo tracks are included.
Good manners cost nothing.
Bad manners can cost you your reputation
― B.D.Hawkey
Pages: [1]   Go Up