INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File tags != Library Values  (Read 253 times)

eryn

• Recent member
File tags != Library Values
« on: October 20, 2024, 03:35:02 pm »

hello.

in my library i noticed it wasn't organizing my files correctly. when i inspect a given flac file by right-clicking and selecting 'tag', in the "Tag Dump", i see the tag field in the vorbis comments block in question listed as "RELEASEDATE = 2022"; however, if i look at the "Advanced" view in this same pane, i see "RELEASEDATE" has a value of 1972 which happens to be the value of the "DATE" field in the vorbis comment block.

i added "RELEASEDATE" previously to the "Manage Library Fields" but there's no 'mapping' per se.

what is going on here and how do i fix this to have the expected behavior (i.e., RELEASEDATE in the flac file is RELEASEDATE in the library)? i expect the library to see RELEASEDATE as it is specified in the vorbis comment block and it isn't. i don't even know how or why it is using the value of the DATE field in the library's 'flavor' of RELEASEDATE.

edit: i'll add that this is an issue because when writing custom view expressions, it is using the library value of RELEASEDATE and not the value from the file tag and consequently, is showing the wrong value.
Pages: [1]   Go Up