INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.99 beta  (Read 4508 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.0.99 beta
« on: January 16, 2003, 12:10:51 pm »

Media Center 9.0.99 beta is available.  

Things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90099.exe  

NOTE: Please do not re-submit bug reports posted in MC 9.0.98 thread. We will look for bugs in both threads.

Changes    
1. Fixed: Audio CD trackname lookup was broken on Win98 / ME (CD manager unicode changes).

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 9.0.99 beta
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 01:09:06 pm »

Bug:

Import Media - MP3 files

It sometimes misreads the tags.  Under the artist field:

"London Symphony Orchestra/Don Jackson" in the tag reads into MC9 as "London Symphony Orchestra"

"Houston Symphony/Sergiu Comissiona" in the tag reads into MC9 as "Houston Symphony"

"Denver Symphony/Philippe Entremont" in the tag reads into MC9 as "Denver Symphony"

I am still trying to figure out the pattern.  Not sure because "London Symphony Orchestra/Anthony Inglis" and others read correctly...

On further investigation, the problem seems to occur when I've used the TPE2 ("Band/Orchestra") Tag.  If TPE2 is blank, then MC9 fills in the artist field with the data in TPE1.  IF TPE2 contains data, MC9 fills in the artist field with the data in TPE2.  Is this your intended logic?

It seems like the artist field should always map to TPE1.  I vote for adding additional fields into your database which map to TPE2 and TPE3.

ZRocker

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2003, 02:15:01 pm »

Bugs:
1. If you attempt a data CD burn and one of the tracks to be burned is currently playing, the CD Writer gets a sharing violation on the currently playing track and cannot burn it (to the data CD being created).

2. If you cancel a data CD burn while burning, after the burn is cancelled the Options and Start buttons are never re-enabled...you have to push the Cancel button (on the CD burn dialog at the bottom) and restart your burn list from scratch...argh!

3. Can't edit Playlist and/or Smartlist properties...how are you supposed to specify or change the conditions that makeup a Smartlist?

Update:
Nevermind...I figured it out...duh!!

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
9.0.99 Big Bug - Can't edit flds in Media Lib view
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 02:53:15 pm »

This was working just a few builds ago.  In the Media Library view I used to be able to click within a column of a track and edit a field, but now it does not keep the text I enter.  When I type it and hit enter it disappears.  

It does work properly when entering the same text into the appropriate filed in the File Properties window.

navinjohnson

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2003, 04:29:26 pm »

Since installing .98 (and now .99), I can't play any songs in my library.  Instead, I eventually get a message saying "Media Jukebox encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox library points to the right location."  Well, I checked the path, and it's fine, and all the files are still there.  Any ideas?

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2003, 04:30:37 pm »

Bugs (bunny):

* When I inserted an audio CD the cd just kept playing. It kept playing even when I closed MC. Finally, I had to eject the CD to stop it from playing. Never saw that before  :D

* Personally I didn't think it was such a big bug because I almost have everything in MP3 now. When the above bug occured I kind of laughed because it was like having some kind of "ghost in the machine" (pun intended).  ;D

That's all for now.

Gary

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2003, 05:32:53 pm »

[Changes    
1. Fixed: Audio CD trackname lookup was broken on Win98 / ME (CD manager unicode changes).

Still doesn't work with windows ME.  Now, I get a screen telling me the disc wasn't found in YADB and to please type in all the info  (that's not going to happen)--then it crashes.  I used The Clash, London Calling, which I know is in freedb......I tried a Counting Crows disc for giggles; it misread the disc as something I've never heard of, then crashed...At least MC is acknowledging there's something in the CD drive though.

Still can't customize the toolbar, or delete files from the hard drive from the media library, but I don't think it was the intent of this build to address these issues...

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2003, 05:36:20 pm »

[Changes    

Still doesn't work with windows ME.  Now, I get a screen telling me the disc wasn't found in YADB and to please type in all the info  (that's not going to happen)--then it crashes.  I used The Clash, London Calling, which I know is in freedb......I tried a Counting Crows disc for giggles; it misread the disc as something I've never heard of, then crashed...At least MC is acknowledging there's something in the CD drive though.  

Update:  I realized that these were discs MC 9 had never "seen" before--if yadb was engaged it crashed.  However, discs that MC has "seen" before in the past are no problem and are picked up and displayed appropriately  (presumable since yadb isn't involved).

Still can't customize the toolbar, or delete files from the hard drive from the media library, but I don't think it was the intent of this build to address these issues...

As  a side note, each time I install the latest MC version, I check the handheld plugin, and the 3.16 version of the ipod plugin is there.  I uninstall and put the latest version in each time, but it would be nice if with each build MC would not automatically install the 3.16--no problem for me personally, I always check the plugin manager after I update MC, but could be a problem for someone else down the line...

Updated update:  I can no longer edit the song fields--for example, if I type in a rating, or change the composer, and enter it, it reverts back to the question mark--won't let me enter new data.  This is new bug; I had no problems with this on the previous version.

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2003, 05:54:50 pm »

Bug: If I try to delete a file from my library and check the box "also delete file from hard drive" it crashes.(invalid page fault in module unicows.dll)

Also if I try to update library..ie delete cover art files it crashes. (invalid page fault in module unicows.dll)

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.99 -- E:\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 697 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 438 MB
Resource Info: System - 31 %, GDI - 69 %, User - 31 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:4
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive K: SONY     CD-RW  CRX100E     Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2003, 06:22:01 pm »

Finally took the plunge from .88 to .99. Not too bad so far.

Two bugs with Visualizations:
1. The YEAR values don not display correctly in text items.

2. When editing text items in Vis Studio the edit box does not display all the text when opening for a previously added text item. It only shows the first character.

Don't know if this is a bug or feature? Right click on Visualization window does nothing.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.99 -- d:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2557 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 157 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive S:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive T:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive T: TDK      CDRW5200B          Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2003, 06:33:45 pm »

Has anybody else's volume control disappeared? ?

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.99 -- E:\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 698 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 445 MB
Resource Info: System - 31 %, GDI - 68 %, User - 31 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive K: SONY     CD-RW  CRX100E     Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2003, 07:25:50 pm »

Hate to be a nag, but....

(These are actually for 9.0.98 but I didn't see anything listed about .99 that seems to indicate any of these are gone.)

Bugs for Media Center ver. 9.0.98 beta

• My Computer : Renaming a folder in My Computer changes the paths for files residing in subfolders of that folder incorrectly. For instance :

I have files with a pathname of  ...My Music\Complete Albums\Metallica\Master of Puppets\ARTIST - NAME.mp3.  
    Changing the name of the folder Complete Albums to just Albums results in files with pathnames of ...My Music\Albums\ARTIST - NAME.mp3.
    but the files still physically reside in ...My Music\Albums\Metallica\Master of Puppets\ARTIST - NAME.mp3.

• Playing Now : If I re-sort Playing Now by clicking on one of the headers, then choose Update Playback Order while the currently playing file is not the first on in the list, then Playing Now forgets which file is playing (even though it's still playing) and the Next button ceases to work. If I click Previous, then playback begins at the first file.

• mini-me : Playlist Scrollbars aren't scrolling the playlist, even though the scrollbar moves if you use the arrow keys to move up and down through the playlist.

• mini-me : If you move mini-me to the lower part of your screen, right click it (it works better if the skin is low enough on the screen that the menu opens upwards), then click somewhere on the skin, but away from the menu, mini-me moves. Sometimes it moves far enough away that it is no longer seen. It seems to be bound to the mouse in some way. You can move the mouse around without holding down the mouse button, and mini-me moves with it.

• Playing Now : TrackInfo Templates that use the visualiztion control crash MC.

• CD-burning : If I move tracks around in the list before burning, MC shows doubles of that track. If I hit refresh, then it displays the names correctly.

• CD-Burning : I had one file in my list that hadn't been analysed. MC brought up the Analyze Audio box, and I let it do its thing, and then nothing happened. Shouldn't MC detect that analysis is finished and move on to burning? I had to hit Start again to get it to actually burn.

• CD-Burning : It may just be me, but Replay Gain on the CD doesn't appear to be right. There are a couple of songs that are noticably quieter than the rest. I'm going to run a test using various files at opposite ends of the replay gain spectrum and see how it turns out.

• Search : Picking the Full Albums Search modifier should be a toggle menu rather than just an add-only option. Choosing Full Albums more than once results in multiple Full Album criteria being added to the search bar.

• Search : There appears to be no way of adding "and" & "or" to a search unless you edit by typing. There should be an easy-to-use method of piecing together a long search criteria ie. (replaygain==0 or peaklevel==0 or bpm==0 or intensity==0) using the Wizard.

• Search : Removing a term from a search criteria (like right clicking and choosing Remove on "intensity=0" in mediatype=[audio] (replaygain==0 or peaklevel==0 or bpm==0 or intensity==0) results in mediatype=[audio] (replaygain==0 or peaklevel==0 or bpm==0 or) (notice the trailing "or".

• Search : None of the various Date related search items can be found in the wizard (except for some roundabout way of getting there through the Add Keywords menu and then clickout off of the search bar and then back onto the search term).

• Search : Date related search items are using a nearly impossible to understand format based on seconds in order to specify criteria.

• Search : The Sorting dialog box offers no indication of what I'm allowed to type. If I type in the name of a valid field, then it works fine, but wouldn't it be better to provide a list of valid fields to choose from? As it is, I can seemingly type in anything with no guarantee it's going to accomplish anything. Also, there is no indication of what kind of sorting modifiers are available or what they do (ie what does "-d" mean?)

• Search : Selecting a Search Criteria, then choosing Edit by Typing results in a very difficult to read selection like this:

• CD Burning: I went through MC's Explorer menu, found a data folder I wanted to burn to a CD, sent it to the CD Burner and when I went to the CD Burning dialog I found that only the files in that folder were added. Subfolders (and all of their files) that were in that folder were not added. MC isn't recursively adding folders to CD's.

• CD Burning : On this same CD I noticed that the files didn't stay in their folder when I added them to the CD. They were all stuck in the CD root. The only way to put these files into a folder was to choose the Hard Disk option on Rearrange Folders, and that caused ALL of the files added to that CD to be put in folders that resembled their order on the hard disk rather than just put them into a folder.

For instance, I wanted to burn the following folder to a CD : C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Miniskins. Instead of just getting G:\Miniskins, I can only have G:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Miniskins.

• CD Burning : It's rather unecessary for MJ to ask me what kind of CD I want to burn when I add a non-audio file to a CD.

• If you right click on the very end of the list of columns (provided your columns don't make the content view scroll to the left and you have a blank column at the end) to add a column, that column gets added at the very beginning instead of the very end.

• Playing Now : Moving the column with the playing icon in it to another position takes the playing icon along with it.

http://doof.webryders.com/MJ/Screenshots/playingnowicon.jpg

• Playing Now : Deleting the currently playing file from Playing Now stops playback. Clicking NExt no longer does anything, but Previous plays the first track in the playlist (shouldn't it remember where the removed file was and act accordingly?), and clicking Play results in an error message that says "Please select file(s) to play." Double clicking another file in Playing Now will restart playback.

System Info

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.98 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1665 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 298 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: HP       CD-Writer+ 9300    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:10  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive G: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-240B    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2003, 07:28:41 pm »

• View Scheme Groups : Using the wizard to create search criteria for a view scheme isn't filtering out things based on the criteria specified for the group that the view scheme is in. For instance, creating a View Scheme in the Audio Group, if I try to specify a genre in the search criteria, I'm being presented with genres that only belong to images or videos, etc.

• Search : If you choose a Search Criteria, then choose Edit by Typing, and hit Ctrl-C to copy and go to a different smartlist and hit Ctrl-V to paste, the entire list of Search Criteria is copied instead of just the one you wanted.

• Playlists : If I drag a playlist out of one group and into another group, MJ presents me a with white square plus icon, which, based on standard Windows GUI behavior indicates a copy behavior, but instead is a move. I think this should behave exactly like Windows Explorer's drag and drop, including using Shift and Ctrl to modify the behavior, and allowing the Right Click drag that Windows has. It would just be more intuitive to people alreay using Windows.

• Transitioning from a Quicktime file (mov) results in a crash.

• Adding images and music to Playing Now isn't consistent. If audio is already in Playing Now, then Adding images to Playing Now results in those images being tacked on to the end of Playing Now (but are never shown - even when their turn in Playing Now arrives), if music is played first, then images are played, Playing Now is wiped and only images are shown, but if images are played first, and then music is added, the desired result of images and audio simultaneously is acheived.

• If I Play images, then Play a playlist with music and video in it, the slideshow clears immediately even if the first file to play is Audio.

• When viewing images and listening to music, if Playing Now contains a video, playing that video will clear all images from slideshow.

• MEGA-ME Skinning : Renaming a playlist gives me the following drawing bug:

• Ever since Tree View got the ability to display individual items in the tree, Quick Play acts all funky. I can't choose an individual file to play from Media Library without also telling the Tree View to display track names.

• Image List View : This doesn't select files correctly. If you select one file, then hold control to select a few more, that works. If you hold down shift and select a range, that works as well. But when holding down Control + Shift to add a range of files to the currently selected files, all of the currently selected files become unselected.

• Content View : You can now right click on a filename and rename the file right from MJ. Cool. The only problem was that I accidentally (ok, it wasn't really an accident) renamed a file to Pink - Just Like a Pill.Apl2 (note the 2 at the end of the extension). Attempting playback now works, but when I then used the same method to rename the file back to what it was (with just .apl) I received the following message:

After which MJ's link to that file was broken. While MJ's database has the filename listed with .apl, the actual filename is still .apl2. Once I manually renamed the file in Explorer, everything worked fine again.
    I thought I had read that this was fixed, but it doesn't seem to be the case...

• Trying to download any kind of plugin or skin through our proxy server/firewall results in a message of "Failed to connect to a server." This is after it prompted me for my username, password, and domain to get through our firewall. This has worked in the past, but has always been problematic.

System Info

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.98 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1665 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 298 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: HP       CD-Writer+ 9300    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:10  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive G: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-240B    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2003, 07:29:38 pm »

Requests

• I think the menu item for Toggle List Style should cascade, opening up all of the list styles. The toolbar button would work better if it opened a menu up as well like the Favorites button works. Maybe make the button one of those two-buttons-in-one like IE has, where if you just click it, it jumps through the different list styles, but if you click the little down arrow next to it, it opens up a menu where you can choose a specific view style.

• Along those same lines, it would be really cool if the mini-me button had an optional dropdown list of available skins. Meaning one of those two part buttons where the main part just switches to the previously selected skin, but the right hand side has a little arrow that when clicked shows the list.

• It would be really nice if when you were dragging columns around in Content View, if it would scroll. It would make reordering columns a lot easier.

• CD Burning : Any chance of getting a method of actually creating our own custom folder structure on a data CD?

• CD Burning : It would be really helpful if you could right click on a CD-RW drive and choose to erase a CDRW disc from there instead of having to go into the CD burning dialog.

• CD Burning : It would also be really nice to have some sort of progress indicator when erasing a CDRW disc.

• IE Integration : Any chance of seeing some way to right click on an image in IE or Netscape and automatically saving the picture and importing it into MJ?

• Vis Bars : I'd (still) like to see seperate hide modes for each of MJ's display modes (Internal, External, Fullscreen). I'd like to have them never hide in Internal, but autohide in Fullscreen & External, for instance.

• Rename from Properties & Fill Properties from Filename : Any way we could get a wizard-type interface for this like we now have (more or less) with the Search bar?

• mini-me Skinning : Kerensky had a whole list of skinning features that are currently found in other media apps (like Winamp 3 and Sonique 2). I'd like to add my voice in support of these. Here's the list for reference.

• Mega-Me and Mini-Me should have the same skinning features/abilities.

• Skinning engine should have all the features that Winamp 3.0 has.

• Mini-me skins should be able to display the left media tree pane, instead of just the playlist pane.

• Instead of having to use standard fonts, include support for skinned fonts. This is where, with .bmps, you can map out a alphabet, and numbers that the player would use instead of a regular font. Quintessential, Coolplayer, and Winamp 3 already support this with their skinning engines and it's one of the coolest features I've ever seen.

• When the mute function, I'd like a way to keep the mute button displaying the down .bmp while the player is muted.

• With playlists in mini-me mode, there should be the ability to customize what info in displayed. The default seems to be Track # - Artist - Song Name - Song Length. This may be possible already, but I haven't been able to find out how. Personally I'd just like to display Track # - Song Name - Song Length.  

• When displaying the elapsed or remaining time, allow skin authors to specify how many digits are displayed at any one time. Right now from what I can see, MJ displays only as many digits as is needed (with most songs usually m:ss), but for instance in one of my skins I'd like to specify that the elapsed time be displayed like hh:mm:ss always even is the unused digits only display 0's when not being used.

• Add support for Windows XP features like ClearType font smoothing and Alpha Blending Window edges.

• Include ability to specify the background color of the currently playing song.

• Include ability to change the icons throughout MJ.

• Include ability to use the media library search bar in skins.

• Replay Gain : MJ really needs Album Gain. If Playing Now contains a full album, use Album Gain, otherwise, use Radio Gain. If it's a mix between a full album and mixed tracks, check to see if the tracks belonging to the album are all in track order. If so, use Album Gain on those tracks. If not, use Radio Gain on the entire Playing Now list.

• Image List View : Can there be some "missing image" image? Like the MJ logo in place of a blank square? Or a red circle with a line through it? Or better yet, an image that we can specify for all missing artwork?

• Image List View : For the single image album art view, there needs to be a way to see the tracks belonging to that album. Maybe a multipaned view that shows the cover image on the left and the track names on the right? Or even a tooltip balloon like the ones that Rhino is using in his AlbumView plugin.

• Content View : Can all views remember their own view settings? Basically, what I'd like to see is Playing Now being able to just display Artist, Album, Name, and Track #, but have Media Library display more detailed information, like filename, BPM, etc. I'd also like to be able to specify that an Album view scheme display the album art view, but an Artist view shows the regular text view, etc. Playing Now should be able to be independently set to always show list view or image view, etc.

• Slideshow : How about an option to display the filename of the current file in Fullscreen mode?

• Ripping : I'd also like to see MJ be able to rip a CD to one wav\ape\mp3 and create a CUE sheet. Being able to create the relevant APL or whatever files in addition would be great along with an option to either import the full album wav\ape\mp3 or not.

• Visualizations : Can these remember what Display Quality to use based on what mode (Full Screen, MEGA-ME, mini-me) MJ is in?

• Can we get an option in Skin Manager to close Skin Manager on skin change?

• I've heard rumor that some of the options dialogs are going to be redesigned. This is, IMO, a GREAT thing. I'm going to suggest changes as I see them, so to start, here's one that's bugged me for quite a while.

• In order to change the Sorting options, you need to 1. Select the field you want to move. 2. Click Edit. 3. Click Move Selected Up/Down. Wouldn't it be simpler to allow dragging of items? Or even two arrows (up/down) beside this box that would move the items?

• The "Track # for Albums" checkbox needs some better explanation.

kentschu

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2003, 09:10:46 pm »

This bug may have already been addressed but I'm not sure (I'm stuck running .89 until the bug in .98 that I reported regarding Export All Playlists crashing MJ is fixed)

Burning a CD with "decode directly to CD" turned on causes the first second or so of the song to be skipped.  I turned it off and it worked fine.

Kent

hertz

• Recent member
  • Hi there
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2003, 10:03:19 pm »

YADB still can't find REM's "Out Of Time", which is in the database (last try: two minutes ago).

But it finds Elvis Costello's "Nashville and More", a bootleg.

Roger_the_Shrubber

• Recent member
  • 6 strings good, 4 strings better
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2003, 11:02:44 pm »

On .97 a single exported playlist is not recognized by Nero when trying to burn audio cd's ex mp3.

Playlists exported under "Export All Playlists" are OK in this regard.

Maybe been sorted but I'm on the tortoise dial-up and can't keep up with the builds.

LarryJoe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2003, 12:19:15 am »

No right click menu on display window.

Faruz

• Recent member
  • Maybe next year...
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2003, 12:24:39 am »

1. YADB still not working good. Looks in Artist instead of Album Artist and returns obscure results. (My Muse songs returned songs by Coldplay ??)

2. Can't edit fields unless you open the properties window. It just never saves the updates you do.

3. Analyzing audio: Replay gain is ALWAYS -22.54dB!

4. It would be nice if you could add a view sorting by Album artist (Auto) and it would actually work. I guess the Auto means that if no Album Artist is given, the software uses the Artist field.

5. Cover art finally works good!

I think you should try to focus your energy on the musical part of MC rather than fixing the Pictures or even the Movies since music is still the main reason to use MC.

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2003, 03:13:56 am »

I've upgraded from 9.089 to  9.099  and I lost all my customized View schemes. Also the mediafiles.jmd has double in size. I've tried to return to 9.089 and restore previous .jmd files then MC doesn't start anymore and surprisingly is changing the windows WallPaper to "JRiver WallPaper"in Tile mode ??
To fix it I had to completely un-install and re-install MC 9

I'm running under Windows 2000 SP3.
Regards

Philippe

Autoelph

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2003, 04:44:32 am »

Has anybody else's volume control disappeared?

I've had issues with this for nearly a year, going back into MJ7. The volume slider is tied into the windows mixer as the main volume output, not the wave output (as in winamp). First, you need to have your default windows output set for your desired MC audio output (for those with multiple outputs or multiple audio cards). Second, you may need to re-install the driver AFTER installing MC (or MJx).

To guys at JRiver: I have a pro audio card with multiple outputs that bypasses the main output of Windows, so the volume slider has been moot with the use of MC (MJx). A little problematic, but I get by as my card has a very nice mixer interface (it just means another window is always needed for volume control). But why can't the volume output of MC act more like Winamp does, controlling the wav ouput of the windows mixer? I also imagine that with the new zone ability, this will become more of an issue in the future.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2003, 04:51:24 am »

Since installing .98 (and now .99), I can't play any songs in my library.  Instead, I eventually get a message saying "Media Jukebox encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox library points to the right location."  Well, I checked the path, and it's fine, and all the files are still there.  Any ideas?

Please open a new thread on this.  What type of files?  You may need to clear your database and reimport.

kentschu

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2003, 06:52:49 am »

Still existing bug:

When ripping a CD, if using a UNC path (instead of a drive letter path), it will NOT rip at all - just hangs.  UNC support needs to be vastly improved!

Kent

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2003, 07:12:06 am »

[Please note, I just upgraded from .89 to .99 - so this may be a known issue;  if so, sorry!]

Streaming media from KEXP FM 90.3 in Seattle does not work.  I can't get it to stream WMA at all.  When I try MP3, at any speed, the MP3 sounds like a bad encode, with lots of glitches and skips.

Here's the links I was using:

[56k] http://www.kexp.org/listen/kexp-mp3.pls
[96k] http://www.kexp.org/listen/kexp-mp3-96k.pls

[28k] http://www.kexp.org/listen/kexp.asx
[96k] http://www.kexp.org/listen/kexp-96k.asx

The streams work fine through WMP9 or WinAmp3.

Also, when trying to use either of KEXP's RA streams, Media Player complains:  Cannot determine the version of Real Networks Real Player.  Version 6.0 or above must be installed to play the file you selected.

Finally, MP3 & WMA streams from other sources worked fine (I tried the default Featured Stations without a problem).

Media Jukebox  9.0.99 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1732 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 660 MB

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
Toast goes in the toaster.

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2003, 07:14:06 am »

After an overnight scheduled system scan by Norton Utilities 2003, I recevied the following error message.

Missing Microsoft Shared Files

Microsoft Shared.DLL Error

Problem:  The Key, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
                CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs" refers to a
                 missing file,"C:\Program Files\J River\
                  Media Center\decoder.ocx"

I had posted another Norton error message a few weeks ago.

I am also unable to burn an audio CD with "decode files directly to CD" selected and 10X is the fastest speed at which I can currently burn without that selection.
Thank you, Joe Karnes
Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.99 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium II 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 219 MB

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive D: HP       CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

nila

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2003, 07:43:51 am »

BUG:
  • Turn on shuffle Mode, right click on an album in the treeview and click play, go into playing now and click ' Track #' to re-order the playlist, right click and choose: 'update playback order' -
    this pretty much always crashes MJ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up