INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which is MJs Burn Engine?  (Read 977 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Which is MJs Burn Engine?
« on: November 06, 2002, 03:03:13 pm »

As the title suggests, which is MJs Burn Engine cos since the new burn engine was introed in the previous release if I have use internal ASPI checked then MJ cannot detect my burner (Mitsumi 24/12/40) however with this unchecked it can.  So..... which is the MJ engine - the one that is working or the one that is not and if it is the one that is not, why did it work fine b4 but not now??  I thought the new engine was gonna support everything that the previous one did and more....

Cheers

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JohnT

Re: Which is MJs Burn Engine?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 04:01:52 am »

The new burn engine replaces the old generic one. It should support any drive the old generic engine supported, which is to say any "mmc compatible" drive made in the last 4 or 5 years. However, it is new and has only been tested on a few drives so there will certainly be drives that don't work. We'll fix that as we come to them. The "use internal aspi" shouldn't have any effect on drive recognition.
I'm going to create a "sticky" posting for people to list drives that work and don't work with the new burn engine. Please post your drive model there.

Thanks!
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2002, 04:11:03 am »

So if I check the box for Use Generic, then I'm using MJ's new burning engine, correct?

I'll try that when I get home and see if it works. Internal ASPI doesn't seem to be working for me. Of course that could be due to my recent format. Do we still need to install that Adapted ASPI layer for Internal ASPI?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2002, 04:37:16 am »

Internal ASPI is not working for me either at the moment and I still have the updated ASPI from Adaptec installed.  Worked fine up until the last build.  Unchecked this and my burner was found.  Checked it and restarted - no burner.  I will try the use generic driver option later.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up