INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 9.0 Preview II...  (Read 10815 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Media Jukebox 9.0 Preview II...
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2002, 05:51:42 am »

I mean, if I accidentally set all of my files to all be in the same album, and then exited MJ before I noticed, would the undo work when I fired MJ up the next time?

I dunno.  Would people like it to save the undo log between sessions?  It's an easy change, but I'm not real sure it's a good idea.

I have to say I'm really not liking this new way of editting file properties. Is there a specific reason that it was changed?

Give us some time.  I can't imagine anyone would want the version 8 file properties dialog back once we get 9 hammered out.  Smooth, fast, and integrated always beats a slow-loading popup dialog -- at least in my opinion.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nila

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2002, 07:31:12 am »

It's definitely an area you have to tread carefully in.

How about a confirm box prompting the user to confirm they wish to change the files if any more than say 20 (one album) are changed so that any changes to say 7000 songs would give the user a chance to say: no way, are you dreaming!! :)

Also, how come there are no update buttons or view of the songs we're editing any more? :)

And as for the undo, keep it between exits, if there's a re-do as well then I see no down side to it at all, but that could be me :).

That's one downside to Photoshop, if I spend ages working on an image, then need to restart the computer because it's dying, I can save the image but I loose all my history undo's etc. :(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2002, 07:39:08 am »

Also, how come there are no update buttons or view of the songs we're editing any more? :)

You'll be editing whatever you have selected.  If there are places where this isn't the case, we'll fix it.

Also, there's no need for an update button.  Just make changes and have faith that Media Jukebox will keep it all together.  There is no longer a disconnect between file tags and MJ's database like there was in version 8.

Thanks.

-Matt

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2002, 08:20:13 am »

I have faith.

But you know me. I can't just sit by and watch. I have to participate. So I'll keep an open mind, but I'll also chime in if I see something that I think should change.

You've not yet dissapointed me. I don't believe for a second that you will now.

That's all.

Woodman

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2002, 09:04:04 am »

HEY MATT,
Where is V9 getting the images from? directory only? internal?
please see prior post from me in this thread. I can't get thumbs
unless I go to "Get From Internet". Everything else is great!

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2002, 09:14:15 am »

Woodman,
That works for me in 8.0.53 for a file that is read locally.

Is ID3v2 on?

What image type?

Can you make it work for external images?

You might want to start a new thread to see if you can get help from others.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

nila

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2002, 09:34:08 am »

Hey Matt,
Any chances of a feature like AV2's for finding the covers in the same dir?
Every time I go to the Album type view with the images I keep remembering that it's not going to show my images as I haven't assigned them directly to the mp3's yet.
I dont have the time to do this with 500 albums right now.
Maybe an automated feature to do it might be nice, like a tool that looked for artwork in the same dir using rules we gave it and assigned them to the tracks.

And as for the properties update, I'll just leave you to develop it fully before making any more comments :).
A few points though - the 'Fill Properties from filename' isn't working properly, I'm just pointing it out because I'd have thought this function would be left over from v8 and so would still work.

I love the way we can select which tags to update for find and replace, something similar for 'fill properties from filename' might be nice as I often only just want to update track numbers using this.

Also, with the find and replace, would it be possible for it to not disappear after we do one find and replace, but for it to stay on screen?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2002, 10:38:58 am »

Nila> I beleive the Fill Properties from Filename tool has changed slightly so that you now have to put the fields in []. So instead of just ARTIST-NAME, you now have to use [ARTIST]-[NAME]

Also, you can already select which fields you want to fill in. For instance, let's say I had 01 - Metallica - Master Of Puppets - Battery.mp3 and I only wanted to fill in the Artist, you can do [IGNORE]-[ARTIST]-[IGNORE]-[IGNORE]. It may even work to just do [IGNORE]-[ARTIST].

This is assuming, of course, that IGNORE is still present in 9. I know it's there in 8.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2002, 11:06:45 am »

I don't think you even need ignore anymore.

Try []-[]-[Track #]-[] or something similar...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up