INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WritePlaying 1.0.2  (Read 3425 times)

mattsnuts

• Junior Woodchuck
  • that'll do
WritePlaying 1.0.2
« on: June 23, 2003, 07:07:24 pm »

Announcing the first release of WritePlaying, a Media Center plugin for writing the currently playing track to a text file. Note that if you want this information without installing this plugin, you can simply right-click on 'Playing Now' in Media Center, and choose 'Copy Listening To'.

Why?
So that your email sig file tells people what song you're listening to! That's why I wrote it, but maybe you can think of other uses... a web page, etc.

I've got mine working to write my Outlook sig. After writing it I came across a listing for this functionality on the MC wish list.

Download it here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/writeplaying.mjp

Dunno if it'll work with Media Jukebox. Try it - it might. If it does let me know and I'll add it to the MJ plugins section.

-Matt
Listening to: 'Out From Under' from 'Make Yourself' by 'Incubus' on Media Center 9.0

mattsnuts

• Junior Woodchuck
  • that'll do
Re: WritePlaying 1.0.2
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 06:30:41 pm »

Fixed a couple of bugs, latest version is 1.0.4, which should install properly.

WritePlaying 1.0.4
  • Copy to Clipboard button fixed... had to Clear the clipboard first

WritePlaying 1.0.3
  • Install script now registers plugin

-Matt
Listening to: 'Walls' from 'Pacifier' by 'Pacifier' on Media Center 9.0

mattsnuts

• Junior Woodchuck
  • that'll do
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 09:42:15 pm »

WritePlaying 1.1.0

• Added Title Bar support. WritePlaying will optionally display the currently playing track in Media Center's Title Bar. Handy for seeing what's playing without switching to MC
  • Removed 'Listening To:' from the Current Info string. Meaning the user can add their own string in the File Prefix - eg. "Listening to:" or "Now Playing:".

Listening to: 'Pure Morning' from 'Without You I'm Nothing' by 'Placebo' on Media Center 9.0

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2003, 10:26:10 am »

One Note When Write To A File Is Selected As You Stated On The Screen This Is Refreshed, and this also re-writes the text file.

If you could detect The Play Time You Could Take A Snap Shot Once Prior To 6 Seconds And Not Rewrite The File Over And Over.

Not Sure If That Is Possable, But Just An Idea...
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re:WritePlaying 1.0.2
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 03:41:44 pm »

Hello,

I've just decided to try WritePlaying today and I'm having problems getting Outlook 2002 to pick up the text in playing.txt. Can someone help me thru Outlook's extremely "un-user-friendly" interface so I can configure it properly?

Thanks in advance!

Michel

mattsnuts

• Junior Woodchuck
  • that'll do
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 08:22:10 pm »

I've just decided to try WritePlaying today and I'm having problems getting Outlook 2002 to pick up the text in playing.txt. Can someone help me thru Outlook's extremely "un-user-friendly" interface so I can configure it properly?

The included WritePlaying help file has detailed information on using Outlook 2000.

WritePlaying is now at 1.1.1, I've added a few other user requests, namely scripting, so the output is more customisable. See http://marcoe.net for an example of it being used.

As for ftp support, I believe the Playing Now plugin does that.

-Matt
Listening to: 'Drink the Water' from 'Brushfire Fairytales' by 'Jack Johnson'

M_Mickey

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 07:14:54 pm »

WritePlaying is now at 1.1.1, I've added a few other user requests, namely scripting, so the output is more customisable. See http://marcoe.net for an example of it being used.

On http://marcoe.net it says :
currently listening to: error

:-\

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 01:08:06 am »

Hi Matt,
Is this possible to output the text like this:
Drink the Water
Brushfire Fairytales
Jack Johnson

Instead of:
Listening to: 'Drink the Water' from 'Brushfire Fairytales' by 'Jack Johnson'

Would be great if it was possible. I need a plugin which would output the data on the currently playing track (plus, ideally, the current status of MC, i.e. paused, stopped, playing) to be able to read this info into LCD Smartie.

Thanks!
--max

Announcing the first release of WritePlaying, a Media Center plugin for writing the currently playing track to a text file. Note that if you want this information without installing this plugin, you can simply right-click on 'Playing Now' in Media Center, and choose 'Copy Listening To'.

Why?
So that your email sig file tells people what song you're listening to! That's why I wrote it, but maybe you can think of other uses... a web page, etc.

I've got mine working to write my Outlook sig. After writing it I came across a listing for this functionality on the MC wish list.

Download it here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/writeplaying.mjp

Dunno if it'll work with Media Jukebox. Try it - it might. If it does let me know and I'll add it to the MJ plugins section.

-Matt
Listening to: 'Out From Under' from 'Make Yourself' by 'Incubus' on Media Center 9.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up