INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will somebody please read this and answer me?!?  (Read 3047 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Will somebody please read this and answer me?!?
« on: September 17, 2003, 09:06:43 pm »

I have been fighting with metamorphis for 2 nights now trying to get this SaveSkinState and LoadSkinState stuff.

Either something isn't working right, or I just do not understand how this is supposed to work.

According to the SDK, all you should have to do is call SaveSkinState on exit, and LoadSkinState on initializing.

THIS DOES NOT WORK

I have created 4 real mini-me skins now, and I've only gotten this to work as advertized ONCE. And that was a skin that 2 windows (Goo). Every other skin I've made, I've had to read those values in manually, and then assign them appropriately.

This time, with PixOS, that's not even working. Using just plain LoadSkinState the way it's described will bring mini-me up with the correct windows open, but it WILL NOT put the skin back to where it was when it closed. It ALWAYS puts it back in the middle.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!? WHY DOESN'T THIS WORK THE WAY IT'S OUTLINED?!?

I've looked at other skins. SonixMedia works just fine using just those two functions. Goo works just fine using just those two functions. LowerLeft uses a really complex OnInitialize function, but nowhere inside of it can I see where it's manually putting the skin back where it's supposed to be.

Can somebody (preferably from JRiver) PLEASE look into this and either tell me what I'm doing wrong, figure out why this doesn't work the way it's supposed to, or document it a little more thoroughly?

I am seriously about ready to give up on trying to get this to work.

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Will somebody please read this and answer me?!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 10:06:07 pm »

Hi!

I've tried the PixOS-mini and noticed the following:

When i use the skin the first time i see a PixOS-logo in the left upper area of the screen.

If i move the skin to a lower right position of the screen, switch back to mega-me and then again to mini-me, it remembers the position.

If i move the skin to a upper right position of the screen (so that there is no place for the PixOS-logo), switch back to mega-me and then again to mini-me, it doesn't remember the position.

Can that be the reason for your problem???

Edit:

I've changed 2 lines in the main.js (first set the windowpos of the bottom-window and then set the windowpos of the PixOS-window).

It seems to work now  ;D

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 06:37:13 am »

Ok, I think I'm going to lose my mind here.

NONE of what you described was happening to me last night. Not even close.

I downloaded the skin here at work, fire it up, and it's just like you described.

I made the change you mentioned, and it's working perfectly now.

THANK YOU

I still don't understand why it was acting differently for me last night. And I'm not exactly clear why reversing those two lines fixes it. At this point, I almost don't care. :P

Thanks again. Sanity restored. :)

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 08:35:46 am »

And I'm not exactly clear why reversing those two lines fixes it.

I think it is because the PixOS-Window refers to the Bottom-window.  And if the two lines are in the wrong order, the Bottom-window-coordinates are undefined somehow    ?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 09:00:28 am »

Hm... yeah... I just looked through it again and you're right. So that explains the weird logo problem. I should probably re-write all of those coordinates so that they're based on Main, instead of basing them on each other... I'll do that tonight.

I still don't get why it's all of a sudden remembering screen position for the whole skin now, though. Or why I wasn't having the same logo problem last night. I wonder if metamorphis is caching some of that state stuff somewhere else other than state.xml. I deleted it after every failed attempt at getting this to work, and every time was the same.

Glad it's working now, though. You're a freaking genius. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up