INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ET Skins V2.0 & ET TrackInfo Plugins V4.0  (Read 1096 times)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
ET Skins V2.0 & ET TrackInfo Plugins V4.0
« on: November 01, 2023, 04:10:07 am »

What's new in ET Skins V2.0:-
Borders have been added to every Pop-Up Form/Window to make their edges more visible.
13 New Skins:- ET Black Card, ET Brown Card, ET Dark Grey, ET Green Card, ET Light Grey, ET Mid Grey, ET Pastel Blue, ET Pastel Cream, ET Pastel Green, ET Pastel Purple, ET Pastel Red, ET Red Card & ET White Card.
Available in variant I with Customised small (64x64 and large ViewHeader (256x256) icons/images and variant II with Standard MC icons/images.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's new in ET TrackInfo Plugins V4.0:-

A New Lyrics Only Variant - ET xxxx xxxxx Ultimate III, with 2 Options/Entries on the TI MenuBar - The "Lyrics" and "Search For..." DropDown Menus.

The Lyrics, in all variants, have been switched from Left Aligned to Center Aligned.                        

The TI Drop Down Menus more closely resemble the MC Menu's; the TI MenuBar plus the Headers above the other columns are now a Fixed Size, just like the MC MenuBar they no longer change size when the Display Panel/Page (viewport) size changes.
I've added the handling/presentation of the "Date Last Rated" Tag/Field added in MC31.0.73 to all the Tags Pages
The Border and Halo around the CoverArt have been improved to give the CoverArt + Border + Halo combination a better 3D look to help make it more obvious that the CoverArt is the Reload/Refresh Page Button.
Like all the other columns, TrackInfo, AlbumInfo, Lyrics and Tag Window; the one for the Cover Art + Basic Track Info now uses a Container to make controlling its size on viewport height changes easier
There are now borders around every column the various pages use; they use the same colour/texture as the Gridlines, vertical dividers, that appear in a Details List and on some skins are hard to spot.
The Routines/Code used to get Fields/Tags and their contents on to the relevant pages have been restructured and renamed to make it more obvious which Tag Window, Legacy Tag Window (LTW) or Modern Tag Window (MTW), they are being used with/for.
Most of the et_theme_xxxxxxx.css files have been renamed to more closely match the name of the skin they are used with.
All Image Names have been standardised, mainly to give an indication of where they are used.

The names of all the xxxxx.html files, except for index.html, have been changed:-
In every variant they all had a "uti_" prefix, which wrongly gave the impression they were interchangeable between variants.
For the Ultimate I variants the prefix is now "ult1_"
For the Ultimate II variants the prefix is now "ult2_"
For the Ultimate III variants the prefix is now "ult3_
The suffixes for the html files for the Legacy Tag Window have been changed from "_sw1" and "_sw2" to "_ltw1" and "_ltw2"
The suffixes for the html files for the Modern Tag Window have been changed from "_aw1" and "_aw2" to "_mtw1" and "_mtw2"

The "Search For..." DropDown menu now has more options:-
   Info about Artist on Wiki
   Info about Album on Wiki
   Info about Track on Wiki
   Info about Composer on Wiki
   -----------------------------
   Artist Images on Google
   Artist Images on DuckDuckGo
   Album Art on Google
   Album Art on DuckDuckGo
   Composer Images on Google
   Composer Images on DuckDuckGo

I have been unable to find, or write, a JavaScript routine to convert characters Search Engines do not accept in the URLs used for the Lyrics Lookup and the "Search for..." Options into their Hexadecimal Equivalent.
Since the MC Hexify routine is not available to TrackInfo Plugins I decided to use it, inside MC, to create Hexified versions of the 5 tags/fields used to build the URLs for those LookUps.

The 5 New Fields/Tags, which all use expressions to populate them, that have to be added to the MC Library are:-                     
Album Artist (Hex) - uses =Hexify([Album Artist])
Artist (Hex)   uses =Hexify(ListLimit([Artist],1)) - so that only the first Artist in a ; delimited list is used
Composer (Hex) - uses =Hexify(ListLimit([Composer],1)) - so that only the first Composer in a ; delimited list is used
Name (Hex) - uses =Hexify(Trim(Extract(2,[Name], [))) - the Trim & Extract are used to remove anything in [] brackets from the (Track) Name

Those 5 Additional Fields/Tags are grouped together at the end of the lists of tags presented on the Tags Pages under a Heading of - Hexified Tags used by ET TrackInfo Plugins

This PIX01 Gallery contains screenies for the Ultimate I, II and III variants for each skin -  https://pix01.jriver.com/iM1%40BqvT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                 
ET TrackInfo Plugins V3.0

What's new in V3.0

Since the Ultimate I & II variants automatically switch between Classical and Non-Classical display modes the ET xxxxx TrackInfo, ET xxxxx Classical TrackInfo and ET xxxx Lyrics variants have been discontinued.
The only true differences between the two variants is the order of the Options on the DropDown Menu and by association the 1st page that gets shown on Track or Plugin Changes.
For Ultimate I the order is "Track + Album Info, Lyrics, Tags, Search for..." - with the "Track + Album Info" page as the 1st one displayed.</br>
For Ultimate II the order is "Lyrics, Track + Album Info, Tags, Search for..." - with the "Lyrics in 2 Columns with Horizontal Scrollbar" page as the 1st one displayed.</br>

The Plugin Names have been changed: -
I've removed the word "TrackInfo" from the end of ET xxxxx Ultimate I & II plugin names and the xxxxxxx part of the plugin name is now the name of the skin that plugin is to be used with, so "ET Darkness Ultimate I TrackInfo" is now "ET ModernCards Dark Ultimate I"

Unlike in earlier versions, where the Refresh button/option was on the Menubar, in this version clicking on the CoverArt, displayed below the Menubar on every page, will reload/refresh the page.

There is a new Dropdown Menu on the Menubar "Search for...." and a "Lookup Lyrics on Google" option has been added to the Lyrics Dropdown Menu....

Search for... Dropdown Menu Options:-
Info about Artist on Wiki
Info about Album on Wiki
Info about Track on Wiki

Album Art on Google
Artist Images on Google

The "Lookup Lyrics" option and the options on the "Search for ...." Dropdown Menu all open a New Browser-Engine Page outside of MC

V1.0 had 12 Variants
V2.1 had 25 Variants
V3.0 has 70 Variants as there is now an Ultimate I & Ultimate II Plugin for each of these skins:-
Arctic Winter by Marko
Arctic Winter HC by Marko
Aruba
Black and Blue by Marko
Black And Blue Too by Marko
Black And Blue Too (SB) by Marko
Black And Blue Too HC by Marko
Black And Blue Too HC (SB)by Marko
Black on Black
Blue Steel
Dream in Blue by HPBME
ET Blue Card I & II
ET Gold Card I & II
ET Grey Card I & II
ET Nite n Day I & II
ET Platinum Jubilee I & II
ET Silver Card I & II
Green Eyes
iCopy 9 by Marko
Knit-Knots by Marko
Knit-Knots NSB by Marko
ModernCards: Dark (The new name for the ModernCards: Dark Edition Skin)
ModernCards: Grey Edition
ModernCards: White Edition
Noire
Pearl Bailey
PixOS
Purity
Seamless by Marko
The Fly by Marko
ThunderStorm
Twilight
Z

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are they?

Unlike the earlier versions of the Plugins which were on the JRiver Media Center Accessories Page the ET TrackInfo Plugins V3.0 and ET Standard View Skins V1.0 are in the Camelot SuperStore - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

On every page that allows you to Download a Skin or TrackInfo Plugin you will see options/buttons in the Left Panel that allow you to download the Skin/Plugin as a xxxx.mjp file or as a xxxx.zip file.

xxxx.mjp files are used as Triggers for the MC Package Installer
Once they are downloaded you simply Run/Open them to install the relevant Skin or TrackInfo Plugin.

xxxx.zip files are Compressed Folders/Files that have to be Extracted/Unpacked to make them usable
Once they are downloaded you have to Extract/Unpack the Folders/Files they contain.
*.zip files are mainly used when the user wants/has to install a Skin or TrackInfo Plugin Manually,
or by Users who want to Modify/Customise the Skin/Plugin before installing it,
or by Users who have Modified/Customised a Previous Version snd want to copy those changes to the new version before installing it.

Thanks to a bit of Merlin's Magic you can Download "Skin", "TrackInfo" and "Skin + TrackInfo" Bundles as xxxx.mjp and xxxx.zip files
Prior to the release of MC30.0.47 the MC Package Installer could only Install one Skin or Plugin each time it is run/used.

So there are 2 types of bundles available:-
Bundle(s) for MC30.0.47 or Higher as a single *.mjp file,
Bundle(s) for Earlier Versions of MC as a set of *.mjp files inside a single *.zip file.

If you are running MC30.0.47 or higher running/opening the downloaded *.mjp file will result in every Skin and/or TrackInfo Plugin in the Bundle being installed.
For earlier versions unpacking the downloaded *.zip file will result in mjp files for every Skin and/or TrackInfo Plugin, in the Bundle being placed in the same folder.
You then have to run/open every *.mjp, one by one, to install the Skins and/or TrackInfo Plugins in the Bundle.

Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up